My Slightly New 454 OBS ('98 2500 4x4)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tyler09

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nice looking truck man. does suck you got the "dumbo mirrors" but still a very nice and clean truck.

Jeeves

Reaction score
Just a new update. I'll be going home for Thanksgiving Break Friday. A whole week means I have plenty of time to do a few things to my truck. I've noticed that my steering is loose as a goose. My tires also shake back and forth when my truck is jacked up. Diagnosed as a bad pitman arm. I might go ahead and replace the idler arm while I'm at it. The plan is also to change the oil and take a look at the rear brake drums. Can anyone else think of quick maintenance projects that I can work on over the span of next week?

Also, got the new ugly ass tires and rims on it. I guess they'll do me a little better in the winter. I'll have to throw some new pics up. Also, I've noticed a few UGLY gouges near the door handle that I must have done myself when sliding in and out of my truck. Scraping paint with my pocket knife. It's enough to make me sick.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Replace both for sure, not just the pitman.
change oil and filter, check rear breaks and front, grease the front end, change fuel filter is need be, check all fluids.
and I did that once with my old knife right close to the door striker pin :(

Jeeves

Reaction score
Replace both for sure, not just the pitman.
change oil and filter, check rear breaks and front, grease the front end, change fuel filter is need be, check all fluids.
and I did that once with my old knife right close to the door striker pin :(
Did you just get some touch up paint, or what?

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no, I haven't done anything it just took the paint off. you can touch it up if you want, just make sure it is clean first. my truck is always getting scratches from here at school and it will be repainted after college when it can be my fun truck after.

nickl011

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice rig! I think some NBS PYO wheels would look really badass!