My Slightly New 454 OBS ('98 2500 4x4)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
regardless of how new the truck is, it is going to be big money to have those holes filled, your talking body work on both doors, welding the holes shut plus paint both doors, thats easily $750-850

jgreen-fsi

Reaction score
**** I need to get my eyes checked. Yes please don't paint your fender flares black! Just the black mirrors and tint and you're *******.

Jeeves

Reaction score
regardless of how new the truck is, it is going to be big money to have those holes filled, your talking body work on both doors, welding the holes shut plus paint both doors, thats easily $750-850

****, this isn't what I wanted to hear. Guess the mirrors are staying, unless there is another solution.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well unless you have a hookup its is going to be alot, my hood was $500 to get preped and painted, and that wasn't filling any holes or much time prepping

Jeeves

Reaction score
Well unless you have a hookup its is going to be alot, my hood was $500 to get preped and painted, and that wasn't filling any holes or much time prepping

Well, I happen to know someone who got certification as the 3rd best welder in the nation. I bet he could fill the holes for me. Would the other details be expensive?

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that is the easy cheap part, the body work to smooth it and make it look factory, plus paint and clear and a painters time is what is costly.

Jeeves

Reaction score
that is the easy cheap part, the body work to smooth it and make it look factory, plus paint and clear and a painters time is what is costly.

Well in that case I guess I'll leave the mirrors on. I'm thinking about painting the mirror part black if I tint my windows and put new flares on it.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That is an idea, it is all up to you, but why get rid of color matched flares? those are $$

Jeeves

Reaction score
I went home for midterm break. I was hanging out with some friends kicking the tires and shooting around ideas. I looked at the flares after your comment and I must say that I do like them. They're not cheapish looking plastic flares. I'm fine with them.

I plan on throwing a different set of wheels and tires on it tomorrow. The current tires are getting pretty bald and I won't be back until the first snow probably. I'm 95% sure the others are just stock wheels. Also, I'm gonna throw the color matched topper on there before the first snow. I'm gonna take a pick of the new wheels & tires, with the topper on, and the mirrors swung in.

New pics soon!

k_pro1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just go to the junkyard and get some doors the same color as your truck to get rid of those mirrors and it'll be cheaper. great looking truck btw