My Slightly New 454 OBS ('98 2500 4x4)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeeves

Reaction score
I bought this truck a couple of months ago, I haven't done anything to it. No rust, the interior had covers on it for 99% of it's life. I'm the second owner. Only 59,*** miles. Also came with a second set of tires and a shell that I'll probably throw on in the winter.

Unfortunately it received a little bit of hail damage about a week after I bought it. I haven't got around to getting it repaired yet, but I will in the future.

Just a couple of things on the to do list:
Tint the windows
Undercarriage Coating to prevent an future problems
Maybe remove the towing mirrors?? Would need to do some research into this
Run the exhaust out straight instead of at 90 degrees

I'd like to give it a semi-stock look. Probably no lifts, torsion cranks, or anything too radical.

You must be registered for see images attach

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Sucks you have holes in your door from those mirrors, but yes definitely get rid of them.

Jeeves

Reaction score
That thing is fuggin awesome! But i WOULD remove those mirrors and throw some GMT800 tows on it!

Thanks a ton. I would love to remove the mirrors but they're bolted 3 spots into the door, which would leave some pretty gnarly holes. I would probably have to get it professionally done for it to look decent.

slim

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i believe there are caps that you can plug the holes in the door with, i have seen them before but don't know where to get them, great lookin truck though!!

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice truck. Super clean. Can't say I'm not jealous.

Jeeves

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I appreciate it. Credit goes to the previous owner who kept it as clean as it is.

i believe there are caps that you can plug the holes in the door with, i have seen them before but don't know where to get them, great lookin truck though!!

Wow, I didn't have any clue about this. I'll have to do some sifting. A google search didn't turn anything up initially.