My New Exhaust - 96 5.7 ECSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

8716valver

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought I'd share my setup with you all.

Been doing a ton of research and based on my financial situation I've put together this setup. Bought the Flowtech headers and y-pipe through advance autos website and saved $50!

Y-pipe back will be 3" to 3.5" oem Duramax tubing and muffler and tip that I had laying around. Should sound pretty good.

Also deleting all the emissions crap with my new BB tune. Will update the thread next week when I install everything.

Flowtech Header w 1-5/8" runners and 3" exit - $183 shipped
You must be registered for see images attach

Flowtech 3" Y-pipe - $123 shipped

Heres the truck

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
That will be interesting to hear the Dmax muffler on the 5.7.

8716valver

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know what size the EGR port is on the intake mani?

8716valver

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here it is before the tow mirrors. I'll try and get some high res shots after the exhaust is on.

8716valver

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I ended up using a timing plug off one of my vintage jet skis to plug the EGR port. Fits perfect.

8716valver

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Install complete and its a slightly different than what I first planned on doing.

Used the above headers and y-pipe then ran a straight 3" pipe back to a brand new mid 90's chevy diesel muffler, and finally I re-used the stock 2.5" tailpipe. Sounds pretty good but might be a little tinny for my liking. Will post up a sound clip soon.

One thing I'm not too impressed with is the base 87 octane tune from Black Bear. I kept the shift firmness the same but regardless I expected some power increase on the butt dyno. I'm gonna look into getting the truck on a local dyno for some real numbers.