My new 97 centurion crew cab build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We guys I sold my black crew cab and bought this white centurion. I know it doesn't look as good as my black truck but it will within time. Just was tired of black paint so had to sell my black crew cab. This 97 has 142,000 miles. 5.7 350. Clean interior besides the carpet. Ugly ass wheels and chrome lower valance. Had chrome handles and window visers that was the first thing that came off. Already added a cowl hood and have new black valance going on today.Also took off the side steps. Paints not in the best shape but will do until it gets dropped and wheels. Still undecided on which wheels I want for this truck, might go back to the novas...lol I loved those wheels.
You must be registered for see images attach

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
If the frame is good, get under it and get it clean and coat all of the plated areas with POR15 patch, it will keep the water out and keep the bottom of the frame from rotting.

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys but so far it has been a headache for me. Ran good for me from Houston to my house with check engine light on. Ended up being o2 sensor wires got burned off on exhaust. Ok so fixed that problem and light came off. But now it turns on quick and idles good but when I try and take off it starts sputtering and wants to turn off on me. But if I press gas very slowly only on take off it will stumble very little and then go. After it warmed up it would drive good on highways, but now going around 45 its starting to sputter again. My dad has 99 2dr Tahoe so have been switching sensors to see if it would help, but nothing yet. Checked fuel pressure and when I turn key to on position it jumps to 52psi and then drops back down to 0 in about 8 seconds. Running idle pressure is at 45psi. Any ideas???? Weak fuel pump?

ltxdave

Reaction score
Sounds like it could be a weak fuel pump. My factory service manual says my 97 vortec 5.7 needs over 60 PSI while running (if I remember correctly).

It could also be a bad fuel pressure regulator. You can clamp off the rubber return line slowly and see if pressure builds. If it does, that means is probably the regulator and not the pump.