My new 97 centurion crew cab build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys but so far it has been a headache for me. Ran good for me from Houston to my house with check engine light on. Ended up being o2 sensor wires got burned off on exhaust. Ok so fixed that problem and light came off. But now it turns on quick and idles good but when I try and take off it starts sputtering and wants to turn off on me. But if I press gas very slowly only on take off it will stumble very little and then go. After it warmed up it would drive good on highways, but now going around 45 its starting to sputter again. My dad has 99 2dr Tahoe so have been switching sensors to see if it would help, but nothing yet. Checked fuel pressure and when I turn key to on position it jumps to 52psi and then drops back down to 0 in about 8 seconds. Running idle pressure is at 45psi. Any ideas???? Weak fuel pump?

Open the throttle plate and take a whiff. If it smells like raw fuel then yhe regulator is leaking. I would bet money thar is is time to just replace the injector spider. Do the mpfi version.