my composite to sealed beam headlight swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1low95GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
before: even before i tinted the headlights the light output was very poor even with silverstar ultra bulbs and HI-4 mod now light output is very good
You must be registered for see images attach

After

HI-4

i got to get a low beam light though, do you know what i need to look for?

i also put in a storage box

do you like the change?

92chevy29

Reaction score
VERY NICE! I like the look of the sealed beams. How hard was it to swap out? What did you have to do? Are you happy with the light output? Thanks!

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am keeping my quad beams too. I like them as others have said.. they are not as common as the composite.

gmcz71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
id put hids in the quad beams too imo, light output goes up a little more. not sure if they sell a conversion lense, but its possible to make your own, its just very tedious, and you dont get as good of a result as if you would buy premade lenses....

these are the ones i made for my old chevy, got bored one day, its not a 4-hi mod, just regular 35w 8k hids in the quad beam housings

1low95GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
VERY NICE! I like the look of the sealed beams. How hard was it to swap out? What did you have to do? Are you happy with the light output? Thanks!
I am VERY happy about the light output. The conversion took me 35-45 minutes. All you have to do is remove your grill. Unplug your headlights. Un-bolt the headlight bases and bolt the sealed beam headlight bases in. Next you have to splice the wires in. Just match the colors together
Now put the grill in and your done

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
as mentioned... you can put the "euro" type in and add HIDs for even better lighting.

i had quads originally.. i miss the ability to adjust the high beams separately from the lows.

looks good!