my 98 stepside project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ok, as if the Nightmare isnt taking long enough... We picked up an 89 Silverado Sport. AND we only paid $200 for it!! :waytogo:

It has a flip kit, C-notch (welded in), and shock relocator/extenders on the rear... Up front looks like drop springs (im guessing cause they are blue..no idea) But it does have drop LCAs. <<< Didnt know any of this till we got it home :) Which is awesome because i want to make it a static. And whoever done the drop actually notched the bed brace too.. The LCAs need new bushings so guess i gotta figure out what brand they are, or does that matter? Dont know if it has drop spindles.

Interior is pretty good for age, dash is great, headliner is starting to sag so itll be replaced.. Drivers door panel arm rest is starting to separate so itll be replaced.. Seats look like bucket seats from a van or something, dont know for sure but bolts used are not factory... center console will be updated to a burb console. But all in all im happy with the inside, the older dashes leave sooo much more room than my 98s.. It has a red Grant steering wheel so itll stay.

Outside.. The body is fkn awesome! No dents! Has a few gouges in paint that look like are from it being left as a yard ornament for some time.. Paint is not factory, and a crappy job at that. truck is red, but the respray was done a little brighter red and its pealing and flaking. It does have a pin hole rust spot on both rear cab corners so they should be an easy task.. Tho its a Sport, it will be loosing the trim package. It has the metal mirrors and they will also stay, along with the grill and bumpers..

Motor... Missing the 350..lol :whymewhyme: Going to hopefully find her a good heart at the pic n pull.. Trans is suppose to be good.. Someone did true duals on it and that will also stay.

Hope to find some more centerline wheels to match the rear ones. So.... Itll be static.. 350tbi.. doing interior dark gray and black.. Paint plans are Red and Black two tone, White divider line.. Why??

This will be my daughter Danas truck when she gets her license.. Hope to end up with a really clean static drop that will still be a head turner. Only have just over two years...lol
If you are a Facebook friend, PLEASE dont mention this on Facebook as she will have no idea im doing this for her. Were going to tell her im building ME a clean daily driver. :High 5:

You must be registered for see images attach

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
Nice! I would love to find a sport for that money! GL with the build!

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
you're going to post progress in here or start another thread bill?

just wondering, because i'm subscribed to this one... and wondering if i need to subscribe to another one to follow the progress on the Sport....

Reaction score
Well, that 350 would be to much work...soooo... Going with my brother in law tomorrow to look at an Isuzu he might buy for scrap metal.. It has a 350 in it that the guy claims runs good.. If it is a good motor, the Sport may have itself a heart doner :) Fingers crossed

Reaction score
Another no go on a motor :(
Thanks DRAGGIN95!
And no, im going to keep the bumper.. Ill weld in the trim holes and i may section and tuck it along with the nightmares..

traksta15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another no go on a motor :(
Thanks DRAGGIN95!
And no, im going to keep the bumper.. Ill weld in the trim holes and i may section and tuck it along with the nightmares..

Are they the same bumpers available on the work truck models?