my 98 stepside project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
while we're on the subject.. bill did you buy or make your filler panels for the 3rd brake light delete?

my 94 might be getting this treatment before long.. haha

I didn't even know you had a 94!? Pics or build thread?

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
she's an ugly duckling! lol

i just recently bought it from my stepdad.. i'll have pics soon. i'm actually bringing it home this weekend. i've had it for a couple months.

there will be a progress thread on it tho.. you'll see why soon.

Awesome! Can't wait to see it Dewayne!

Reaction score
Sweet! I wanna see it too! I made my fillers from the small sheets you buy at a hardware store.. my factory antenna the last owner shaved with bondo.. its cracked.. im going to weld it up with a piece of scrap metal really soon :) just cut a scrap piece a lil bigger than needed, bend it by hand and set it over the hole, keep playing with it till itll sit flush.. then trim it to fit into the hole, ima use a sanding disk to get mine to size. Place a magnet under the fender to hold it in place, or above.. whatever works easier for ya.. of course remove paint atleast a couple inches around the hole. And give it a small tack weld and another one across from it.. wait a min and let them cool to where you can touch it.. then just repeat untill its welded up.. sand down your welds with a sanding disk, not a grinding wheel, cause itll chew thru to fast.. then filler,sand, and prime :)

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I also make all my own fillers, I use GM sheet metal that I keep on hand just for filler's, I have never been able to buy a premade filler that was even close to the right gauge to match OEM.

Reaction score
I like usen leftover pieces from my truck :) ive used the roof skin off that donor cab several times :)

Heres the only pics i could find from the third brake light..

You must be registered for see images attach