my 98 stepside project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Only thing I can figure is they don't know how to fit it on the balancer. It's crazy, most articles I've found online say you don't balance them.. I honestly think the lowrider crowd probably don't because they don't really drive them. Yeah they use a huge two ear wrench and hammer. These are chrome, I really wish they were powder coated. I'll paint them once they're on. And whenever I finally get to paint the truck itself, I'll hopefully have some new ones by then and paint those at that time.
I really need to get some new ones, the wrench fits loose over these because they've been used so many times. Think I'm going to have to cut some sheet metal into little 1"x 2" pieces and shim the gap between the bullets and wrench so I can tighten them :(

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd say they don't balance them because the hydraulic cars ride so ruff, balancing the tires wont make a difference lol. Or that the weights can fly off when jumping the car.

Reaction score
Didn't think about that! Lol..
I messed with the bumper today, think I'm going to keep it stock.. I actually like it being chrome and giving the front a not so flat look.

Also found out the rear can go up another foot in height. Freaken shocks were stopping it.

Reaction score
Forgot to post these...lol

Lift without the shocks, so definitely need to redo location of them..
You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
Rims are on, still going to paint lips green further down the road.. and just gonna paint the bullets black with rattle can appliance epoxy... This way marring the paint on them will be a cheap and easy fix if I ever need to use the wrench on them

Reaction score
And the fattie fenders for that low low turning.. somewhere between 2-3 inches wider than stock.. didn't measure, but could fit the palm of my hand between the old fenders lip and the new lip...lol

Reaction score
Really hard to tell in these pics where the bulge line goes because of the shape of the splice.. but it's definitely not how it looks in the pics, the profile goes to the grill corner and not to a point where it's spliced together. Idunno why the pics look like it does.

Reaction score
It actually starts and stops about like the red line... Really sucks trying to draw a line on a phone..lol