My 97 silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Quick question would I be able to clear 35s if I were to take the body lift off
Led project is on hold. I've been getting our bikes ready for glamis on new years

I dont know if anyone answered this for you, I had a 6 inch lift on mine with 35" tires and it rubbed bad on turns with a passenger but without it rubbed on hard turns, and off roading........dont turn your wheels and you'll be good!

nice truck man!

Joeyk94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haha thanks for the info on that, and thank you for the compliment. Thinking out side the box here on this subject what if you where to remove the body lift and run a 2inch coil spacer and a 4inch spindle wouldn't that still act like a body lift for the front. If not on the next set of tires I'm going to lose the body lift and get me some 33/12.50r18 toyo open country's on some 18x12 fuels

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
If you could even do that. you would need a longer upper arm and the truck would ride horrible.

If you changed lifts all together, you could find one that would allow 35s with minor trimming. fabtech use to make a 7.5 crossmember lift, you could get 35's underneath. i dont know if they make them anymore, I saw a used kit on craigslist in the inland empire.

is that body lift causing problems?

Joeyk94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I totally didn't think about that lift I always thought they where for 4wd. It's not that the body lift is causing problem I just think it looks weird. it shows too much IMO.
You must be registered for see images attach

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
If you could even do that. you would need a longer upper arm and the truck would ride horrible.

If you changed lifts all together, you could find one that would allow 35s with minor trimming. fabtech use to make a 7.5 crossmember lift, you could get 35's underneath. i dont know if they make them anymore, I saw a used kit on craigslist in the inland empire.

is that body lift causing problems?

There was a member on here who had/has (not sure which atm because he goes back and forth between wanting to lower it or keep it lifted but with a different kit) the Fabtech 7" long travel kit and has had multiple problems with keeping it aligned. So there may have been enough customers with that sort of problem that Fabtech discontinued it.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
His name is Steve's Chevy.
I couldn't find the fabtecth issue on this forum it may have been fsc. Yes he did say he had numerous issues with the kit. Personally I've never been a fan of kits that involve modifing the factory chassis.

Adam

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
His name is Steve's Chevy.
I couldn't find the fabtecth issue on this forum it may have been fsc. Yes he did say he had numerous issues with the kit. Personally I've never been a fan of kits that involve modifing the factory chassis.

Adam

He mentioned it on here, just cant recall where atm. But agreed....its much better to stay with spindles and springs only.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
I totally didn't think about that lift I always thought they where for 4wd. It's not that the body lift is causing problem I just think it looks weird. it shows too much IMO.

when they dumped the "ultimate long travel" (more of a mid travel lift)they came out with this crossmember kit..... however if you go to fabtech's website, all they show is a 4 inch lift kit. RCD has a similar crossmember kit too claims with trimmind bumper, you can get 35" tires under her.

I agree on almost all body lifts that the frame hang looks bad, but at the same time ive seen plenty of incidents where the spacer goes through the bed, and that sucks!

There was a member on here who had/has (not sure which atm because he goes back and forth between wanting to lower it or keep it lifted but with a different kit) the Fabtech 7" long travel kit and has had multiple problems with keeping it aligned. So there may have been enough customers with that sort of problem that Fabtech discontinued it.

I have that same 7 inch lift kit, I dont have problems with alignment, when I originally bought it, the tie rod extenders were free ballin and it didnt take much to throw the toe off, so I bought some jam nuts and it keeps the toe alignment in place.

I would say when it cycles through the suspension the camber goes all over the place, but it does great in sand (for what it is) and ok in dirt for a bolt on kit. that coil bucket in the frame doesent do the 2wd guys any favors.

Last edited:

Joeyk94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Scored some stock tails from a neighbor and they came off of a 97 and have been sitting since 98 so they are like new I just wish they came with the boards too but for free can't complain.
this is just getting a little annoying

Joeyk94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What's going on guys? Noticed I haven't been on here in about a year and a half. Thought I would say what's up and give a bit of an update on the truck since the last time you've seen it. Let's see where to begin. Removed the rear blocks and lowered the back 3 inches, took my sub's out, my head unit died so I put the stock one in, tinted my windows 20% on the front 2 and 2% on rear 3. Mothers day night I broke a ujoint which lead to the biggest headache ever. Broke the ring and pinion. So I put a near new suburban rear end in then check the coolant and found atf in it so I got water in the trans to replace the radiator then rebuilt the trans. A week later the fuel pump went out. Havent had a problem since haha. But the rear end came with a sway bar and bigger drums so score for me. Then plastic dipped my grill white.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk