My 97 k1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
the only bad thing I can think of about the composite lights is they are plastic not to long ago I learned that there are glass composite lights I am most likely going that way with frank'n truck I am going to search for a picture of on of these suburbans you speak of
The screenshot in the previous post is what I got by googling "Holden Suburban"; there are several more pictures. Used to be a couple Aussie members who had them, or knew about them. One of them sent me a download of the factory brochure but I don't know if I still have it ( 3 devices ago LoL).

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
now this is really strange it seems that they used a right hand drive version of the 94-97 s10/95-97 s10 blazer dash
You must be registered for see images attach

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Holden Suburbans had the later grille with quad beams. Apparently our US spec composite lights didn't meet their lighting standards Down Unda....
Possibly due to the fact we drive on the left side of the road and it is easier to adust the individual lights so as not to blind on coming drivers on the right. I have me passenger low beam tipped down more than ideal to achieve this.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Possibly due to the fact we drive on the left side of the road and it is easier to adust the individual lights so as not to blind on coming drivers on the right. I have me passenger low beam tipped down more than ideal to achieve this.
Could be! Didn't think about that....we have the right side headlight on the Burb aimed a little bit to the curb, so we can see it. Much of Houston area, the streets are not well lit....out in the country or on the highway, our trucks' stock lights are adequate. Still need to get my driving lights on though.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could you imagine having one of those in a parking lot with say 3 others. And you tell your buddy he can drive so he runs to our version of driver side to find out its backwards and confused the **** out of him
I get that everytime I off someone a ride, they naturally walk to the leftside of the cab and I have to point out that I will be driving not them.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know your in new Zealand. Is your truck like ours everything is on the left side.
??. Just curious.
Yes, we can import vehicles that are LHD and as long as it's over a certain age it can be left that way. Any newer and it has to be converted to RHD and that is a massive undertaking. I now a guy did it around 15 years ago to a new Lincoln Navigator and it cost him over NZD40,000 for the conversion. I like the idea of mine being LHD as it's all part of the experience of having an American truck. That and I can get any parts I need and not worry about what has been modified.