My 88 rcsb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
Finished cutting and grinding down the last spring perch. Next I installed the rest bushings and bolted up the tabs for the lower bars, then got the rear centered, leveled and set the pinion angle then tacked the lower tabs in place.
You must be registered for see images attach

I bought some Grade 8 hardware today to attach the bags which were 1 inch long but they appear to be too long and are bottoming out, so I have to exchange them for some shorter ones.

Going to cut the cross member tomorrow and weld the plate in, then I got to pick up some steel to finish off the rear.

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
Little more progress today...

...maybe next weekend the rear will be all done!

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
Hey guys before I weld up the wishbone can someone tell me where the best place to put the angle finder to get the correct pinion angle? I'm not liking what I see and want to make sure before I make the brace for the wishbone.

smurfcivic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
At the yoke on the axle. Also I'd advise putting some varnish on that 2x4 so it won't rot to fast!! Lol

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
At the yoke on the axle. Also I'd advise putting some varnish on that 2x4 so it won't rot to fast!! Lol

Thanks! yeah I was using it to block some of the sparks when I was grinding so it wouldn't f up the cab. I was grinding something near the back glass when I was doing some metal work when it was in the body work stage and it actually damaged the glass:(

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
Well another weekend has past and a few more things got done on the 3 link. All was going well until I went to raise the rear up to check the position of the notches when I noticed the front suppoort I made was going to hit the driveshaft, I did not cut the crossmember back far enought to clear, I assumed I was to cut it short of the location where the strap for the gas tank would attach to it. WRONG!!!

Any way took the driveshaft off and finished up the tacking in the notches and then put the wheels on to see how she looked. The frame is bottomed out under the lift so she's not going anywhere until I get the bag mounts and bags on her. Off to pick up another piece of 2x2 to refab the front mount of the 3 link tomorrow.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
imsure you know but box the frame in behind and in front of the notches but get your bag mounts in first