My 66 Chevy II

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Buffing out a matte clear will make it glossy according to my friend. If it was a gloss we would be just wet sanding then buffing it out and calling it done.
There were some dry spots we found today, so those got wet sanded and besides the moths. Had a spot where some moisture came out of the filter on the bottom of the gun that thankfully was just the last coat of clear he put down last night, it sanded out pretty quick.

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Couple teasers until I can get it out into some sun.
Of course this car is fighting me.
Installed the lock cylinders into the doors and you wouldn't think it would matter what door they went in. Tried putting one in to align with the tabs and pushing it into place, chipped the God damn paint.i also have another spot up on the upper edge towards the wing window that somehow I missed there was a piece of tape that overhung the door a bit, of course now that needs to be sanded and base coat applied there and the whole door re cleared.
So I will have to go get some more base coat mixed up.

You must be registered for see images attach

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some better pics with some sun.
Front led turn signals came out better than I thought

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Now I just need wheels and tires and then I'll call the outside done

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey man were you over at Summit yesterday 1-12 ? Made a trip over there this weekend and I swear just a couple minutes after I got there I saw your car pulling in. Wasnt sure if it was but if so that thing looks and sounds awesome.

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sure was, had to get it out while we had decent weather. Had to get upper control arms for the wife's 04, and I ordered wheels for the car. A couple weeks back I was heading home and some dumb **** on her cell phone came over in my lane and I had to decide on hitting her or jumping a curb, I chose the curb. It bent the crap out the passenger side front, and took a chunk out of the rear lip of the wheel, and knocked the alignment out of wack.
I've had quite a bit of compliments on the sound. I put some pypes violator mufflers on it after I got the transmission put back in.

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the wheels painted and new rubber put on about a month ago. Haven't driven much do to work and of course the damn weather that can't make up it's mind.
Wheels 17x7's up front 17x8 's outback. Tires are nitto nt 555'g2's
225/45 's up front, rears are 245/45's .
The rears barely clear.