My 454 SS build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fastfreddys454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got tired Of the last 3 lokar shifters I bought. The push button part of the shifter won’t push in to get it out of gear. So I install a winter’s gated shifter during the week end. It’s not complicated like all the ratchet shifters. Since I already had a hole in the floor. It took 2 hours to build 4 L shaped mounting brackets , get in and adjusted. Now I have to redo the carbon fiber top and remount the cup holders.,Word to the wise. Make sure all the anti seize is off you hands before you put a console together. Mine is covered with that crap and so Is every thing around it. I was in to big of a hurry.Looks like about 1/ 2 hour cleaning this week sometime.,

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

fastfreddys454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My steering box stopped working. Next project is to install an AGR quick ratio 12:7 steering box with zero effort steer. While I’m replacing that. I going to put in a borgeson steering shaft with ujoints to get away from the stock rag joint

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My steering box stopped working. Next project is to install an AGR quick ratio 12:7 steering box with zero effort steer. While I’m replacing that. I going to put in a borgeson steering shaft with ujoints to get away from the stock rag joint

Is this a direct fit or does require some modding like the XJ steering shaft?

fastfreddys454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is this a direct fit or does require some modding like the XJ steering shaft?
I haven’t installed it yet. But I understand the only thing that needs to be done is to cut about 6 inches off. The ujoints bolt right up to the factory end shafts of both the steering box and column with no mods. Still pretty expensive compared to the XJ steering shaft

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I haven’t installed it yet. But I understand the only thing that needs to be done is to cut about 6 inches off. The ujoints bolt right up to the factory end shafts of both the steering box and column with no mods. Still pretty expensive compared to the XJ steering shaft

Whoa, it sure is. Lol. I don't mind paying for something if it is good quality. That seems like a solid unit.

fastfreddys454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I didn’t care for the coilovers. Returned them and decided to go back to air ride. So I had to weld the holes in the lower control arms that I made for the front coilovers to put bags back in. Good thing I didn’t sell my accuair air management. But this time instead of going with an air bag that makes me have dump my exhaust before my axle. I bought shockwaves the allow enough room on the passengers side to run exhaust over the axle and out back because they mount to the shock mounts on the RideTech wishbone rear suspension.

fastfreddys454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here are some pics of the electric exhaust cut out and my exhaust dumped before the axle. Holy crap my next project is cleaning up the wire mess. I guess I’m showing my helper some wiring techniques. I thought he did a better job. That okay he’s learning.

Last edited:

fastfreddys454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here are the pics on the exhaust running out the back. Had some clearance issues on the passenger side. So the exhaust is a little lower on that side. Won’t even notice when the diffuser is back on.

Last edited: