My 3rd GMT400, VERY slow build...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lowreese26

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks alot for the kind words guys. Vigh J I have admired your Yukon since I first saw it. Very nice.
No time to do a video today, have to work all day.
Definitly tomorrow.

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks alot for the kind words guys. Vigh J I have admired your Yukon since I first saw it. Very nice.
No time to do a video today, have to work all day.
Definitly tomorrow.

Thanks buddy... a work in progress!!

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It is a billet 3rd brake light cover. Not sure what brand, can't find it from the usuals.
I painted it black. It drew alot of attention to the brake light being polished.
And thanks man. You got a bad ass truck too. Want a lifted one next. Saw a truck in my old apartment complex that used to be all chrome (wheels, grill insert Etc) and he is sweitching to black.
His is the same color as mine and everything, now it has black rims. I want it!!!! It looks like a lifted version of mine.

OHH okay I didn't realize the first time that you had painted it!! My diamond plate bed caps are actually aluminum and I painted them black. Every 6 months or so got to touch them up though...I agree that the stock tails went a long way on your truck. A lot of times the wrong person will get hold of a nice truck and throw all the stick on chrome, chrome bug guard, vent visors, running boards, ****** clear tail lights and really mess up a nice truck. Then you come a long and remove it all and bam, nice truck again.

Only thing I'd change is the clear corners. I'd colormatch them green. I think that would go a long way too.

Thanks for the kind words about my heap too!

Griffin

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
OHH okay I didn't realize the first time that you had painted it!! My diamond plate bed caps are actually aluminum and I painted them black. Every 6 months or so got to touch them up though...I agree that the stock tails went a long way on your truck. A lot of times the wrong person will get hold of a nice truck and throw all the stick on chrome, chrome bug guard, vent visors, running boards, ****** clear tail lights and really mess up a nice truck. Then you come a long and remove it all and bam, nice truck again.

Only thing I'd change is the clear corners. I'd colormatch them green. I think that would go a long way too.

Thanks for the kind words about my heap too!

Griffin

Well, in my opinion, color-matchign the corners would look outta place because they go with the grille well and with them clear, the grille has a nice straight vertical edge. If colormatched the chrome of grille would overhang and in my opinion it wouldn't look right....ofcourse this is coming from the guy with the bigass white hood. :slap:

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, in my opinion, color-matchign the corners would look outta place because they go with the grille well and with them clear, the grille has a nice straight vertical edge. If colormatched the chrome of grille would overhang and in my opinion it wouldn't look right....ofcourse this is coming from the guy with the bigass white hood. :slap:
lolz I can def see what you're saying but to me the grille doesn't really include the corners. The chrome grille and corners are separate imo but I think it's just because I hate clear corners and cleared tail lights. One of the worst things you could do to these trucks. I think clear headlights and parking lights are okay obviously but I see what ya mean.

Really though I think a painted grille, painted corners, and billet insert looks best obviously lol

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
lolz I can def see what you're saying but to me the grille doesn't really include the corners. The chrome grille and corners are separate imo but I think it's just because I hate clear corners and cleared tail lights. One of the worst things you could do to these trucks. I think clear headlights and parking lights are okay obviously but I see what ya mean.

Really though I think a painted grille, painted corners, and billet insert looks best obviously lol

Yeah I agree mostly, but with the clear tails I only agree half....left alone the clear tails are NOT good in my view. The clears that don't have the '3D' lens, but are shaped just like stock, if you mask off a design/shape/pattern on the lens and color-match then pull off the masking tape and clear-coat the entire lens, THEN, it's a whole other story....so yeah, I would agree with clears ONLY if modified in that way or similar. The ones with the 3-D lens(lens isn't shaped like stock) don't look right in my opinion, I've only seen one vehicle that had 3D lenses that I liked, and they were on a 2010 Mustang, the lenses stuck out about 1/4" more than stock, but it was a uniform shape, so not all crazy-looking.

Last edited:

lowreese26

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm thinkin that I am going to go with amber corners and stock headlights and markers. And when I paint her red paint the grill shell to match and black the grill insert. Still haven't decided if I am going to tint the headlights and stuff like dev did.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
I'm thinkin that I am going to go with amber corners and stock headlights and markers. And when I paint her red paint the grill shell to match and black the grill insert. Still haven't decided if I am going to tint the headlights and stuff like dev did.

I just pictured what you said and i have one word for what i'm seeing....AWESOME!!!

Amber corners with stock front lenses....isn't that going in reverse? lol jk

lowreese26

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah a little bit. I just don't like any of the aftermarket lights. They used to look good bit the ones now just look cheap. At least the ones I've seen. Is it possible to PhotoShop my plans for the truck?

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Lowered version of "CowlBoy" truck...That will look badass!!!