My 3rd GMT400, VERY slow build...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lowreese26

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is my 96 1500.
You must be registered for see images attach

It already had a new 5.0 motor put in by the PO when I bought it. Not the motor I would have put in, But the price was right.

I put the wheels on. 24" Foose Whips with Dub center caps, Because the Foose one wouldn't fit.

I have done a few things to clean it up. I took off the billet windshield wipers, ALL the stickers, Changed all the fluids to synthetic, new AC compressor, And the thing that really made it look a whole lot better, stock red tails.

It had some UGLY, dirty, fake carbon fiber tails when I got it. And today I washed her up And painted the billet 3rd brakelight cover. I think it came out pretty good.

Thanks for looking...
Let me know what you guys think. Good or bad I can take it!

lowreese26

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My plans are red paint with black accents ie, grill insert, windows, wheels but not tails or headlights and markers. It looks good to me, but kinda played. Want to keep the lights stock looking exept for clear corners.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
Maybe with the black accents smoked lights black smoothie. The truck looks good though and your sig kicks ass Ive got 2 pittys

lowreese26

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks alot man. Just been seeing alot of trucks with smoked lights, Thought it might be a little different to leave them. But I do like that look.
I've been looking for a blue pit, but I want a pup for my daughter.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
We got an English Bulldog pup they are even more stubborn lol

Haha, you ain't kiddin'. Raised an albino one a while back, most hard headed lil guy I think I've ever seen, and the allergies(because of the albino), my gawd I bet he was allergic to his water bowl even.

Got a blonde pit now, the first-gen style, not the later breed. She's as dense as her skull, she could find something to run into in an open parking lot.

But man, that's a purdy truck there, it really is. What are you gonna end up doing with those billet wipers?

lowreese26

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I dno't know. Are they worth something?
Honestly I was gonna trash them. I think they are UGLY.
Alot of stuff the PO did to the truck was not my taste.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Hell i'd take them off your hands, but I'd prefer to give ya something for them. Message me and give me an idea of what shape they're in(scratches, blemishes, etc)....and I'll lookup and see if I can find a link to what brand they prolly are so you can see what they normally go for new.

Actually, I only see one company that makes billet wiper arms(quick google search)....no telling what other companies make them. Billet Specialties makes a pair and the list price looks about $140. If they're that brand, I'll ummm.....offer ya something in private message lol. I'll have more in wiper arms than in my HIDs, HAHAHA!!!

:lol:

Last edited:

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That thing is sik and that's coming from a lifted style guy....

Where did you get the 3rd brake light cover? I want one!!!

-griffin

lowreese26

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It is a billet 3rd brake light cover. Not sure what brand, can't find it from the usuals.
I painted it black. It drew alot of attention to the brake light being polished.
And thanks man. You got a bad ass truck too. Want a lifted one next. Saw a truck in my old apartment complex that used to be all chrome (wheels, grill insert Etc) and he is sweitching to black.
His is the same color as mine and everything, now it has black rims. I want it!!!! It looks like a lifted version of mine.