My 2 Door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YeA HoE

Reaction score
So I just picked this up a week ago as some of yall know already and little by little I am learning all the mods and tricks that can be done on these trucks. But as I look around for replacment and custom parts for my hoe I am having some questions come to me. So this thread will be a question/build/update thread of sorts. I say that because it wont be a fast build or a "build" per say just more of a "this is what I done" and get advice from u guys as I go along rather than make a new thread for ever questuion that I get I cannot find an answer to.

This be the hoe in question...
You must be registered for see images attach

I have a few questions that I was hoping some of yall could help me out with...

1. My truck came with the GMT800 style seats that were installed not so good and the fact that they dont have an armrest kills it for me. Should I either A. find oem ones and bolt them up or B. find some power gmt800 and have them custom installed correctly ?

2. Is there a difference in track width between the buckets off the differnt gmt400 SUV's & Trucks ?

3. Should my 97 have a floor selector for the 4x4 or are the button on the dash the right location for that ?

Last edited:

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
Nice 2 door man! You can get the gmt400 factory seats at a local auto yard for cheap and if you get lucky you can find power seats. And yes the 4x4 switch will be on the dash or there will be a lever on the floor

YeA HoE

Reaction score
Welcome! Nice looking hoe. IMO put the factory seats in. Way less of pain.

Nice 2 door man! You can get the gmt400 factory seats at a local auto yard for cheap and if you get lucky you can find power seats. And yes the 4x4 switch will be on the dash or there will be a lever on the floor

Yea im kinda leaning towards the gmt400 seats but is there a difference in track width between 95-99 front buckets seats ? Or it dosent matter they all bolt up the same ?

BURBAN GUY

Redneck Rolls
Reaction score
I think they should bolt right up. The power seat electronics are different from a 96 to a 99 Iknow but same seat track.

YeA HoE

Reaction score
I think they should bolt right up. The power seat electronics are different from a 96 to a 99 Iknow but same seat track.

Thanks man, I found a guy on craigs parting out a 4dr Tahoe near me so hopfully we can make a deal for some stuff i need.

Welcome to GMT400 Sir ... Awesome looking ride Sir ...

Thank you sir....

Guys how do I find out what Transmission and transfer case I have on this truck ?

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Look at your RPO codes inside your glovebox to find out which trans/t-case you have. Or you could search the vin number.