My 1995 K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I was on the highway during high traffic hour and traffic was bumper to bumper, i let a truck in front of me, traffic begins to move and a car gets behind me, traffic slows and then stops, i stop, then i glance in the rearview and here comes a car not slowing down, BAM hits me. I pull up and over. Get out he gets out, dudes in a VW Golf, i walk back to the back and look, (i ALWAYS have my trailer hitch in) Good thing to, only damage was my trailer wiring connector is mounted to a L bracket and it bent up, I looked at the guy we both asked eachother if we were ok. Both ok, he told me he was looking in the rearview at the car coming up behind him and was sorry, I told him no problem just as long as were both okay, His car had the hood all bent up, bumper cracked, grill busted, radiator smashed, pouring out fluid. I told him look were both okay, theres no damage to mine, if you're alright and have someone you can call to come help you (if not id help) then I'll take off and we can be good. He said ya no problem were all good. Only downside, I lost the smiley face tennis ball that I had on the hitch..... Interesting day!

Chevrolado

Reaction score
Bummer to hear about the bump! That really sucks. Glad there wasnt any real significant damage to your rig though. Its a very clean truck! You've done great on it! Keep up all the good things.

98chevyz71

RESIDENT CHOP GUY
Reaction score
Bummer to hear about the bump! That really sucks. Glad there wasnt any real significant damage to your rig though. Its a very clean truck! You've done great on it! Keep up all the good things.
I read your build on another forum and your truck is so sick
Thanks man, try to keep it subtle.

Glad you're okay

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
So I was on the highway during high traffic hour and traffic was bumper to bumper, i let a truck in front of me, traffic begins to move and a car gets behind me, traffic slows and then stops, i stop, then i glance in the rearview and here comes a car not slowing down, BAM hits me. I pull up and over. Get out he gets out, dudes in a VW Golf, i walk back to the back and look, (i ALWAYS have my trailer hitch in) Good thing to, only damage was my trailer wiring connector is mounted to a L bracket and it bent up, I looked at the guy we both asked eachother if we were ok. Both ok, he told me he was looking in the rearview at the car coming up behind him and was sorry, I told him no problem just as long as were both okay, His car had the hood all bent up, bumper cracked, grill busted, radiator smashed, pouring out fluid. I told him look were both okay, theres no damage to mine, if you're alright and have someone you can call to come help you (if not id help) then I'll take off and we can be good. He said ya no problem were all good. Only downside, I lost the smiley face tennis ball that I had on the hitch..... Interesting day!
pics???

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I read your build on another forum and your truck is so sick

Glad you're okay

Thanks man!

Nah didnt get any, it happened we pulled over i was honestly on the side of the road for less than 10 min talking to the guy before we agreed on just settling it between our own insurance since i had no damage and i left (after i confirmed he had someone coming to help.)

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm 99% done with the console, thanks to the writeup from a fellow OBS owner I got the idea of cupholder lights, so I finally installed them. I wired them into the 4x4 floor shift lights (that lit up the little trim piece) I used the general light for the leds in the cup holders so that they light up when I turn the lights on (gauges etc). While doing so I came across a problem, there is a security light (red light) on the console in front of the cupholders that I was going to wire up to the other light that lit up when 4wd was engaged just to find out the light didnt work......(i had tested it on the battery before 100% wiring it up). So with that being stated, that is the final awaiting task until the console is 100% done. (Other than modifying some sort of hinge for the rear cupholder but thats not drastic)

You must be registered for see images attach

Notice it matches the gauges

Lit up

Pic ******* BEGIN

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So the weekend of the 15th my sister was up in bville, she left that afternoon only to get about an hour away (2 hour drive back to the city) before her car died going down the highway. Dad says "hookup the trailer and get going" so I get down there and load up the car. Drive down to the city the rest of the way and drop it off at the mechanics shop around 10pm. Go in the next morning and talk to my mechanic explaining what happened (car died while going down highway, radio was on, a/c was on, battery light came on after it died as well as check engine light.) After pulling over the car wouldn't restart, wait about 15 min then it starts. They looked at it and somehow words got mixed up and they replaced the alternator bc they thought we said it had to be jumped to pull it on the trailer (which it drove on fine). So they gave us the car back, I drove it and was a few miles from my sisters when the car died again (luckily my buddy was following me) so I finally got it restarted and took it back. Did some research that night and came up with (03-05 CTS' have had similar symptoms and the engine light doesn't always come on to indicate the problem, fix? Crankshaft position sensor) So the next day i went back to the shop, after the bill was close to 300 I told him what happened, told him research I found showed a 99% fix is the crankshaft position sensor, he told me that usually it'll throw a code and I agreed but also stated that in some of those cases I read the owners didn't get a check engine light/code, he said they would check out the car and fix it. So then they called my dad after the car had been there and receiving calls from me and my sister. Ended up replacing ignition switch.(NO CHARGE) I got a call from the shop the guy said the car was ready, so with my sister hanging out with her friend and its already 5 and the shop closing at 530 i drove to my gpas and had him take me up there while leaving my truck at his place.

I get the car and get back to my sisters no problem , great right? well I had plans to meet a friend later that night, for truck pics and to hangout. Start to head to my gpas to get my truck and leave sisters car, I get a mile down the road to the turnpike, merge onto turnpike getting up the 70 mph, car DIES AGAIN, feels like I'm coasting, frustrated I merge off the turnpike and am stuck on the off ramp after the toll gate. After stopping and putting the car in park the car wont turn over, I sit a min then turn the key, car turns over and over, numerous times not starting. Waiting like 15 min it finally starts, I think theres a gas station right after the stop light, so i pull up the the light.........car dies again. Luckily got it restarted before it went green, got to gas station waited for my sisters and her friend to follow me to the shop. Next morning I go in, explain what happened and told them when I dropped it back off last night the engine light was on so it should have a code. They call me later that afternoon saying, hey Chris come get the car and drive it and let me know what ya think. Get the car drive it ALL night all around town no problems, Follow my sister to work the next morning no problems. Stop by the shop before heading home and asked what'd ya do? Well he tells me, YUP YOU GUESSED IT! Crankshaft position sensor, I was like Oh? and he told me ya it finally threw a code -_- Now I understand I'm no pro and he didn't want to just throw parts at it (like he did) but I bit my tongue and didn't say "I told ya so" Looking back I should have done some thorough searching on how bad it is to replace the sensor (read it was a ***** but that's it).

That's whats been going on the past 2 weeks, didn't get back home til Friday afternoon, yes the 27th

Truck pulled it great! Dat Background doe

So while I had 2 weeks of waiting to do why not ***** out on truck pics

She rolled over to 170k (Just on the truck itself) ALMOST 10k on motor!=170733

Sorry dudes I was a little happy that no damage was on my truck from the accident

(Different almost accident)
So one of the days I was down with a buddy we were headed to the salvage yard to get a few parts for a Taurus I'm working on when a car in front of me (who has 2-3 car lengths between him and the car in front of him) decides "i wanna stop in the middle of the highway" I lock up my brakes and come within inches of plowing into this jackass, then he proceeds to wave his hand out the window like a dip "thanks for not hitting me" wtf?

Saw the cleanest Z71 Tahoe,Pics don't do this thing justice.

Saw a Procomp lifted OBS

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Figured I'd get some shots with my buddies Ram and my truck

That's all I got for now!

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's a little update, haven't really done much due to having to put down my family dog of 13 years friday, went down to the city for her to get groomed, she had been acting sluggish wednesday all day and wasnt herself. After she was done at groomer they said they had trouble keeping her standing, took her to the vet and the dr took blood found out her blood cell count was 23.7 when it should be closer to 40, shes had a heart murmur for a long time and had been on medicine for it. We knew it would gradually get worse, well it was worse then ever and her kidneys werent functioning right and she was really weak. They had to keep her overnight and put her on an I V and when we went back friday we found out her blood cell count only went up to 24.5 overnight. When we walked into the room she was so excited and tried so hard to get on her feet and show us "hey I'm ok lets go home" but she couldn't even get up. She had been losing her sight and hearing and with being how old she was we didn't want her to suffer so we had to put her down. One of the toughest things is not having her run to the door when we get home tail wagging or race out to the mailbox to get the mail. Shes in a better place.

Only update is installation of the flipout, nice unit, Very pleased with the overall performance of it. Even has a half detachable face.

faceplate removed non functionable due to the power/source button is on the piece removed

Faceplate,