MSCustoms 90 ECSB Blue Beast

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
The chrome rockers?

Yea.

The trim on the rockers of my truck was stainless steel, cut me up pretty good trying to get it off.

I couldnt imagine trying to get that off being stainless steel. I stopped by harbor freight after work and now my truck no longer has plastic chrome trim. Now i need to get an eraser wheel and get off the excess glue.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
No :bawl: been too busy. The store opens and closes when im at work and i was out of town on saturday. I might be able to pick up a wheel saturday.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
I replaced the passenger side window motor with a brand new one and replaced the window and door lock switches. What a difference! The windows move up and down quickly and dont have any trouble with the locks. I am still trying to figure out a way to mount the bigger alternator without elongating the mounting bracket hole. I also picked up an eraser wheel to remove the glue. I plan on replacing the rear diff fluid as well.

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How bad were the locks before? Every different door panel i put on i've had problems with not having enough juice to lock the door lock, but but is easy unlocking. Otherwise I think the rod is a little bent making it hard on the lock actuator. It's even hard when you try to manually push the door lock switch down to lock.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
The driver door lock didnt have a problem unlocking or locking from either lock switch and same with the passenger door lock from the passenger switch. I would have to press the lock button on the drivers side a few times to get the passenger lock to lock. I sprayed grease on the door latch and bent the lock rod back into place, this usually gets bent when trying to remove the lock actuator from the rod :). It has less force to manually push down the lock and now i have no problems with it. The old lock and window switches looked like current would arc due to burn marks on the back side and each switch had a considerable amount of resistance when i measured it with an ohm meter. I bought new ones with lifetime warranties so im set haha

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My window switches were burnt looking too before i switched over to the suburban door panels. Maybe I'll try buying a new lock actuator, see if that helps any.

My door rods are so bent I'm not really sure which way they are supposed to go anymore. :rofl:

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
:lol: sounds like you have been messing with the door parts a lot