Most base model truck you've seen? 1989 Cheyenne K2500 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very interesting. I thought mine was "basic" but it is a luxury item in comparison. Mine has AC, Cruise, but no tilt wheel and even has the factory cupholder, but that is all. Mine is a 1500 with no 4 x 4. Good luck and welcome.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
That is the same as my '88 K3500 that I purchased new in August of that year. 5.7, 400 trans, 8600 GVW, 2 speed wipers, vinyl bench seat, manual windows, manual heater controls, rubber floor mat, AM radio
Mine came with out a G-80,tow hooks, front air dam, rear bumper, spare tire, under hood light or insulation.

I still have the center dash insert in blue in the garage some where. and yes there was a storage cubby in it.

I had it for 30 years before it finally got to rusty to fix. They were not all that uncommon back then, we sold lots of them at the dealership i worked at. Most of them where bough by Township/local governments for fleet trucks. Contractors also ordered them as they were cheaper to buy and maintain than a fully optioned truck

Last edited:

Nick_R_23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Interesting! I've heard of the AM only radio too, but never seen one. Do you by chance have a picture of it? Any chance of a picture of that center dash bezel with the storage cubby too?

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Any chance you could provide a link of other ones you’ve seen before? I’m having an incredibly difficult time finding a picture of what the “no vent” dash looked like where the center vents usually go. I’ve only come across one bezel (currently listed on eBay, I’ll post that picture here) that has no vent area, but it has a huge cut out for what looks like may have possibly been an oversized storage cubby, but the storage part itself is missing.
Man it was somewhere on this forum, but I can’t recall which thread.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In case it helps in your search for parts, here’s the part number diagram for the dash...

https://nemigaparts.com/cat_spares/epc/chevrolet/52c-k/16/tc16-061/

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk