MOONIE Gauge question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
Yep, common error for replacing the switch. The two pin sender is for the ECM and located next to the thermostat housing. The one for the gauge is located on the driver side of the block next to the exhaust manifold. They do no interchange. Yes they sell a pigtail for the ECM sensor but it is not for installing the gauge sensor. AZ gets it wrong every time.

You want AEM (Airtex) part number 1T1008 for the gauge sender.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Look at it closely. The newer version of the dash gauge temperature sensor has a connector that *could* house 2 pins/wires, but does not. My 1994 was like this. If it's just got 1 pin inside the sensor's housing, it's the correct style for the dash gauge. 2 pins, it's as the man said - for the computer, wrong one for the dash gauge.

Pic taken because someone wanted to argue it to the death last time I brought it up...
You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

DuallyDave

Reaction score
Yep, common error for replacing the switch. The two pin sender is for the ECM and located next to the thermostat housing. The one for the gauge is located on the driver side of the block next to the exhaust manifold. They do no interchange. Yes they sell a pigtail for the ECM sensor but it is not for installing the gauge sensor. AZ gets it wrong every time.

You want AEM (Airtex) part number 1T1008 for the gauge sender.
Thanks for the part #

If you search it under 350 instead of 305, then the web sites give you the option of the sender. I guess 305 only came in base model Cheyenne's and only had warning lights.....

Interesting..... lol

DuallyDave

Reaction score
Look at it closely. The newer version of the dash gauge temperature sensor has a connector that *could* house 2 pins/wires, but does not. My 1994 was like this. If it's just got 1 pin inside the sensor's housing, it's the correct style for the dash gauge. 2 pins, it's as the man said - for the computer, wrong one for the dash gauge.

Pic taken because someone wanted to argue it to the death last time I brought it up...
You must be registered for see images attach

Richard
I won't argue.....

Once I look under 350, the sender looks just like the switch model with just one terminal.

Thanks everybody!