Mode Actuator Repair/Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Each damper has a flexible rubber edge to it. They tend to deteriorate and leak air, so that may be what you’re seeing. If you have a boroscope camera, you might be able to spot something through the floor vent. It’s kind of academic though - the dash would need to come out to replace the dampers.

This is a floor damper below with the deteriorating seals - it’s the same concept for the other two. New versus old:

You must be registered for see images attach

Here is an old box with defrost on left, panel on right. The perimeter seals are gone. Air just kind of went wherever it wanted which sucked in the summer.

New dampers:

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Are the dampers available in 2024? It'd suck to tear it down, find the problem, and be unable to get parts. I suspect I have a leak at the firewall as well, the one @Schurkey mentioned having that required foam tape to plug.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Rockauto has them

Or you can get the lower box (GM #52467204) which includes dampers 155520 and 1550552. I broke my box trying to get the arms off of the dampers. They were pressed on and stuck pretty good.