Missing door handle rod, need help figuring out if anything else is missing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Bertha

Reaction score
The Suburban I bought had messed up driver door handles, the outside handle worked but was cracked(I wonder if someone attempted to steal the truck at one point). The inside handle presumably wasn't working as it had been removed, well I was working on replacing the inside door handle, and could not find the rod to open the door(the lock rod was present). I thought surely it must have just fallen down in the door or something, well now that I have the entire door in pieces I know that to not be the case, it is gone, just gone. 1AA has a new one, but before I buy it, I am trying to figure out what it connects to at the opposite end, to ensure that no other pieces are missing. If anyone can describe what exactly it attaches to at the other end(I know the one end goes to the inside door handle), or provide pictures, it would help me out a lot. I am fairly certain it attaches to the outside door handle or the latch mechanism, I am just not sure where exactly, and like I said, want to be sure I get all the pieces I need...Tired of not being able to just get in and out this truck easily without doing a song and dance rolling down the window to let myself out from the outside handle which is also broken and barely working...

Big Bertha

Reaction score
So replacing the outside handle now and have a better look at things. It looks as though the missing rod simply goes into the actuator lever on the latch mechanism right next to the same spot that the outside door handle rod goes into it.