Mild 350 tbi setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Antman

Reaction score
I have a 1995 GMC 350 tbi and i want to put vortech heads, mild cam and i want to keep the TBI intake and im not sure what parts and how much it costs. What kind of springs, cam, will i have to work with the computer tuning and will i have to will i have to get different headers? Thanks for you time

Last edited:

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 1995 GMC 350 tbi and i want to put vortech heads, mild cam and i want to keep the TBI intake and im not sure what parts and how it costs or what parts to buy.
Use the search function, there are a few threads about this already.
But there is no way to use a TBI intake on Vortec heads, that I know of anyway.
The only options I know of are buying the expensive GM intake, or buying a carb intake for Vortec heads and using an adapter to bolt the TBI back on.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a lot more to consider. Do you already have the heads? If not, the Vortec heads aren't really worth it. Most of the ones you find in the junkyard are already cracked, and good ones are ready to crack. You can get a set of good heads pretty cheap now, and by the time you finish buying all the parts to adapt Vortec heads, you'd be better off with aftermarkets.

There's also already a thread on the stuff you'll need to know. https://www.gmt400.com/threads/how-to-put-a-vortec-motor-in-a-tbi-truck.49463/