Lurkers resolution for 2024

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Back in 2019, I was having a crazy problem with my Burb, and the stuff I was "learning" on YouTube wasn't fixing it anymore. SilveradoSierra.com was mainly for the 800/900 series trucks, and people with LS platform engines. I googled the issue I was having, again, and this forum came up. I found more information in 15-20 minutes of research, than I had found anywhere else, and I joined up that day.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Like I have said before, I am very active at @Shaggy Tahoe/Yukon Forum and they have a forum for the GMT400 crowd, at that site too, but I found this and decided to join so I could concentrate about my girl's 1990 K2500 here. I have done so much to my 2005 Tahoe Z71 that it is pretty much bullet proof now. I like to stay busy at 71 years old and this site helps me stay sharp. I love the GMT400 series trucks and I have had a pickup and a Tahoe. I like to help when I can and will be on here quite a bit. Have a list of some work I want to do to her truck.

Last edited:

CumminsFever

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Like I have said before, I am very active at @Shaggy Tahoe/Yukon Forum and they have a forum for the GMT400 crowd too but I found this and decided to join so I could concentrate about my girl's 1990 K2500 here. I have done so much to my 2005 Tahoe Z71 that it is pretty much bullet proof now. I like to stay busy at 71 years old and this site helps me stay sharp. I love the GMT400 series trucks and I have had a pickup and a Tahoe. I like to help when I can and will be on here quite a bit. Have a list of some work I want to do to her truck.
A bulletproofed 'hoe you say? Yeah, I know it ain't no gmt400, but I'm a chevy guy. I'd enjoy seeing this and hearing the story!

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
A bulletproofed 'hoe you say? Yeah, I know it ain't no gmt400, but I'm a chevy guy. I'd enjoy seeing this and hearing the story!
Here is a link to it:

If you cannot open the link, go to the Tahoe Yukon Forum as a guest, and scroll down to Under Construction, on the Home page, and when you open that, go to the second page and look for the 9th post down and it is titled: "OR VietVet Is Still Throwing $$$ at 2005 Z71". There is plenty to read and see what I have done to this Tahoe of mine.

Last edited:

CumminsFever

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is a link to it:

If you cannot open the link, go to the Tahoe Yukon Forum as a guest, and scroll down to Under Construction, on the Home page, and when you open that, go to the second page and look for the 9th post down and it is titled: "OR VietVet Is Still Throwing $$$ at 2005 Z71". There is plenty to read and see what I have done to this Tahoe of mine.
Wow! What a journey you took on an already great 'hoe. I would be afraid to drive it, it's like new! Awesome work!

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Wow! What a journey you took on an already great 'hoe. I would be afraid to drive it, it's like new! Awesome work!
Yea, the only components that have not been touched, except for complete fluid changes because of the low mileage and very thorough inspections, is the engine and transmission and transfer case. Differentials have been opened and gear lash checked and patterns on gears.

Now on to the 1990 K2500 for "bullet proof" work.

CumminsFever

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea, the only components that have not been touched, except for complete fluid changes because of the low mileage and very thorough inspections, is the engine and transmission and transfer case. Differentials have been opened and gear lash checked and patterns on gears.

Now on to the 1990 K2500 for "bullet proof" work.
The way you do "bullet proofing", you gotta do a thread with pics here. It'll be a conversation piece, that's for sure!

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The way you do "bullet proofing", you gotta do a thread with pics here. It'll be a conversation piece, that's for sure!
When I do the work on the 1990 K2500, I would like to do a "Build Thread". At the Tahoe/Yukon Forum we have an "Under Construction" thread where work like that is featured. Don't have that here. I don't know whether to post pics and info, in "Garage" or "Member's Photos".