Lund Seal and Peel Tonneau

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rodg1984

Reaction score

ls6firebird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have an Extang Tuff Tonno and it latches the same way. I usually take mine off in the winter because it's almost impossible to latch down when the vinyl is cold.
http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts/extang_tuff_tonno_tonneau_cover/1960.aspx?attributes=1104000028_4294855392_4294855385

right on. isnt that what the tensioner adjusters are for? i was wonderin about those. couldnt really see how the whole thing worked with my ankle tore up.

Found the model tonneau I have on my truck, I would recommend this one! I have zero complaints with mine!

http://www.autoanything.com/tonneau-covers/60A1727A0A0A3443415.aspx

yea thats basically the same as mine. just different brand so the latches look a little different. operates the same tho. no complaints for me either. im glad my truck had one cause i would have never gave one a chance

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea thats basically the same as mine. just different brand so the latches look a little different. operates the same tho. no complaints for me either. im glad my truck had one cause i would have never gave one a chance

Once you are used to having one, you'll never have a truck without one! It's nice because you can roll it up and have full use of the bed, and then when its closed it keeps all the rain/snow etc out, as well as adding a nice clean look!

ls6firebird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Once you are used to having one, you'll never have a truck without one! It's nice because you can roll it up and have full use of the bed, and then when its closed it keeps all the rain/snow etc out, as well as adding a nice clean look!

yea the clean look is what got me. i was plannin on takin it off tho cause i need a box for tools, straps, etc. i had no idea it could be rolled up and rolled back out and latched that quick. i almost didnt mess with it since i was on crutches. but yea ur right, every truck i own will have one now

rodg1984

Reaction score
right on. isnt that what the tensioner adjusters are for? i was wonderin about those. couldnt really see how the whole thing worked with my ankle tore up.
There's not really much of an adjuster so to speak. The cross rails can be moved from a higher arch to lower, which is supposed to help in cold weather. Does make it a little easier.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
soo, if someone was gonna give you a free bed cover and gave you the choice of a snap on vs a veclro cover, which would you take?

btw that stylin trucks cover is $249 w/ free shipping

ls6firebird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
soo, if someone was gonna give you a free bed cover and gave you the choice of a snap on vs a veclro cover, which would you take?

btw that stylin trucks cover is $249 w/ free shipping

i havent personally used a snap cover. i've only seen buddies use snap covers. based on that i would without a doubt choose the velcro. whats really nice about the roll up velcro, is the bar that latches by the tailgate keeps the cover straight and the width right. like when i unrolled mine and latched the bar, it was already lined up on the velcro, just had to walk up each side to run my hand over the velcro

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have no doubt it's easier for sure. I had one of those snap on covers and in the winter it sucked. It was a huge pain to get it snapped. What I'm wonderin is, does the velcro hold well enough going down the highway for me to not worry about it flyin off. Like 80mph it be ok? 125mph? 140mph? LOL srsly the truck may or may not touch 125 on some SS cruise trips:driver: