LT Headers Hitting Shift Linkage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you end up getting if fixed? If so What did you do to fix it
@mattski2114 was a one (day) and done. He hasnt been here since mid '21. You're not gonna get a response.

As for O.P., @91obsHD, it's been since Nov '20, so @mattski2114 never even got his own response...

However, if you're on the same situation, try as @Supercharged111 suggested and bust out a torch and a hammer

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Holy old thread Batman! Last summer I ended up clearancing a primary tube on my Z06. First I marked the offending portion while in the car then tapped on a socket extension to create the dent.

You must be registered for see images attach

Before you could pretty much only slide a piece of paper between the steering shaft and the header tube. Around turns, the drivetrain would lean into the steering shaft. Very annoying and not super safe either. Now I have clearance for days, could have gone with an even more subtle dent. It didn't take much to move the mild steel.