LS and T-56 Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

homermacleod

Reaction score
For those of you who have already done the swap, I was just wondering how much you guys spent for the swap (motor, transmission and labor)? I have a 98 C1500 with a 305 and 5sp transmission.

I am considering doing the swap. I checked with a local shop and they are saying that it will be between 15-20 hours labor (@$125)/ hr plus the motor, transmission and other parts. I was considering purchasing a pullout from a junkyard, but they suggested buying a new one if I am going to spend the money doing the swap. Their thinking, and mine, is that I know that the motor and transmission weren't abused if I buy new.

-Chris

GRIMEE

Reaction score
Did the swap in my 98 2 door 2 wd tahoe got a 6.0 with a 4l80 complete with 60 000 miles for 2100 did the swap myself I can give the names and where to get the parts if you want to tackle it

Chris93

Reaction score
Did the swap in my 98 2 door 2 wd tahoe got a 6.0 with a 4l80 complete with 60 000 miles for 2100 did the swap myself I can give the names and where to get the parts if you want to tackle it

Email me your list! chris07r6 at gmail dot com