Lowering a 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Javlin42

Reaction score
Coilovers are nice and all but that kit specifically says "This kit is primarily intended for plus or minus 3″ from stock height. To go lower (4-6″ drop) you will need to combine the coilovers with a drop spindle."

And no one makes a drop spindle for the 4x4? So essentially it's de crank 3" drop keys to get the same visual.

I guess ill try the keys and flip kit but I'd like to get a hex that would fit the torsion bars and just fab a set of lca's and narrow them about an inch or inch and a half so the front tires could tuck. And shortening the axles would be a piece of cake.

I just picked up a 95 2 door tahoe that's got the LT1/8L90 swap and I really want to get this thing on the ground.

You must be registered for see images attach

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coilovers are nice and all but that kit specifically says "This kit is primarily intended for plus or minus 3″ from stock height. To go lower (4-6″ drop) you will need to combine the coilovers with a drop spindle."

And no one makes a drop spindle for the 4x4? So essentially it's de crank 3" drop keys to get the same visual.

I guess ill try the keys and flip kit but I'd like to get a hex that would fit the torsion bars and just fab a set of lca's and narrow them about an inch or inch and a half so the front tires could tuck. And shortening the axles would be a piece of cake.

I just picked up a 95 2 door tahoe that's got the LT1/8L90 swap and I really want to get this thing on the ground.

Coilovers replace the torsion bars, so you should be able to run a 2wd spindle.

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just brainstorming here, I’ve heard of people swapping out to gmt800 knuckles. Is this possible on 4wd? I know for sure drop knuckles are made for 4wd gmt800 so that could be a potential option.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mix and match as needed.