low4x4's dual alternator upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looking good! Just curious, what brand of 0ga power cable did you use? Tried to read the jacket but I can't quite make it out. Do you like working with it? I've used quite a few brands in the past but I'm always trying to find the most flexible copper cable I can. Got a big stereo project coming up in my Suburban and nice flexible cable is always so much easier to work with, especially in tight spaces.

chasinbass

Reaction score
That engine compartment is purdy.

I just looked on DC Power's site out of curiosity and they no longer offer the brackets for our trucks, GMT800s only now. Makes this write up even cooler.

In case your still looking for dual alt bracket this guy is on facebook and ebay and its a good product I am ordering one to put a second 280 amp alt on my 96 for my stereo

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
I got the 0 gauge from 12voltblowout_deal on ebay you can also try skyhighcaraudiocable on ebay too...it is very flexible

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
In case your still looking for dual alt bracket this guy is on facebook and ebay and its a good product I am ordering one to put a second 280 amp alt on my 96 for my stereo

Thanks but I actually don't need one, I was just recalling that from prior research. I run single alts in my trucks.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I got the 0 gauge from 12voltblowout_deal on ebay you can also try skyhighcaraudiocable on ebay too...it is very flexible

Cool, thanks! I'll check them out. Any mention whether it's full copper or copper clad aluminum? I know it doesn't make too much of a difference but I'm a bit of a purist and use pure copper whenever possible. I don't buy into all that oxygen free garbage, though.

EDIT - More to the point, since you've actually used it, when you cut it is it copper colored all the way through or can you see silver in the middle of the strands?

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
got some more major wires in,,,

You must be registered for see images attach

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
got all the major wires connected and got the truck running ...almost there

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
installed the speakers with hinges for access to the panels

made them in three parts to fit better

Last edited:

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
all I have to do now is hide the main battery wires.....