lots of questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
alright well me and my bro are wanting to put a system in the 94 so i got a few questions about it we already know we want a pioneer DEH-P510UB for the head unit. Im planning on ordering a box so we can fit 2 12inch subs under the back seat. Then im thinking 2 4s to replace the stock front to speakers but not sure what to use on the back 2 also what is the biggest you can put in the front speaker spots? whats the biggest for the back? what size and brand of amp do u sugjest? what brand of subs and speakers? thanks

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would do two tens. you will have better space for them and will have more options. as far as suggestions.. how much do you wanna spend? for budget amps I have used MTX many times and had years of trouble free usage. I have also used Sundown and those are real nice. More expensive though. A SAX-1200D wired to 2 ohms on two good ten inch subs would pound very nice. At that point your pushing legit 700+ watts rms, you will probably need to upgrade your alternator.

If you don't want to spend a ton of money to upgrade your electrical I suggest just running about 150-200 watts rms to each sub.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
not looking to upgrade the alternater just put a new one on a few weeks ago

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think something like a single 10 or 12 with a 300 watt amp would be pretty good. You could run that on stock electrical system with a basic install kit.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks man, im thinking 2 10's now. I love my bass and would like to run 2 10's but all of this is gonna have to wait a while we are pretty sure the motor needs a rebuild so it will either be going bye bye or getting a rebuild before this happens

garagemethods

Reaction score
you shouldn't need a new alt for an sax1200, i know i didn't need one for my sae1200. be weary of the prefab boxes, more often than not the cubic foot they post for the box specs are a bit inflated. so in other words, don't get some subs that max out at that cubic foot. for budget amps i would look into soundstream (rubicon and stealth series). you can find some good deals on amps if you look right; i know woofersect had some cadence amps for only around 250 that originally sold for 400+. and sundown is by far a good choice, i got my sae1200d v.2 at dbr.com for around 320 shipped and it was a referb, i've yet to have problems with it. though you should note that the sundown amps are underrated and my sae1200 truelly puts out over 1500wrms with no problems.

as for your speakers i would look into some custom ways to mount them to the door panels. speakers on the dash is a 100% enemy of sound quality, you don't want your sound signal playing at the windshield like that, the glass reproduces harsh sounds.

what's your budget for everything? including wiring and other misc. parts