Cab Swap. Lots of questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FishPony

Reaction score
Bad way to join a Forum with a hey im a new guy with a stupid question but here it goes anyway.

I have a 1992 c1500 v6 auto pw,pd,ice cold ac. Took me two years to build its mint.

I also have a 1995 (the dreaded one year no one wants) c3500 454 pw,pd, no ac. It has rusted cabs, rockers, fenders and a spot on the roof of rust as well.

I want to CAB SWAP. I know its a terrible idea. There are many reasons behind it if you care to know we can get into those reasons in the comment section. I know 95 has a year specific harness but please tell me this is doable and how. I have searched but can obviously not find direct answers to what i am looking to do

FishPony

Reaction score
If they're the same size cab just take it down to bare metal and swap everything in.
Hey thanks for the response. Yes that was critical information i left out. C1500 is a single cab short bed and c3500 is single cab, obviously long bed although i also considered turning it to a short bed dually.

My real concern is the harnesses. The c1500 has the old interior and harness

FishPony

Reaction score
If the '92 is mint, I'd leave it alone or sell it and find another cab from a truck that's getting parted out.
Selling is an option but i have tried and everyone around south florida is apparently broke right now. Im asking 12k and i have probably over 18k invested. I mean everything is new. Everyone is tight with money right now which is understandable but ppl just make stupid offers like 5k or trade for a jump rope and a scented candle stick.

FishPony

Reaction score
Heres some pics… i painted it myself so the paint is a bit backyard’ish
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks for the response. Yes that was critical information i left out. C1500 is a single cab short bed and c3500 is single cab, obviously long bed although i also considered turning it to a short bed dually.

My real concern is the harnesses. The c1500 has the old interior and harness
Everything will swap. The cabs are the same with the possible exception of the interior of the doors, and you can swap doors onto the donor cab.

Good looking truck.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
A little vague. So you want to put your nice 92 cab on the 95 truck and use the 95 engine, trans, wiring, interior?

If you want 95 interior in your 92 cab you'll need to swap the steering column support, and possibly move the passenger A-pillar grab handle bracket over; can't remember if 95 has that or it came in 96. Pretty sure 95 has it. Minor stuff.. also make an oval hole in the floor for the shifter cable grommet, etc. you'll find various things as you go along. But it's do-able.

Richard