Looking for opinions/pics of HIRs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a big baller, what the hell :D so I just ordered a set from Candlepower. In fact I did the special to get all 4 - low and high beams, hunnert bucks. Will be able to post pics comparing them to DDM 35W 5000K HID's, TYC Elegante housings.

Richard

Did you ever get these bulbs installed an do the comparison???

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Lights are in, as in, in a box on top of my toolbox. :D

They're not in the truck yet because I never drive it. Nor do I ever drive the other one. I drive my car once a week...jeezus insurance is making a fortune off me vs. the low amount of risk due to never driving anything but the company truck.

I realized that for me to do this comparison it would have to be at night, and I'm working every night except one, and on that one I get hammered. :D

Richard

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
how about these? http://automationled.3dcartstores.com/22W-LED-HEADLIGHT-KIT_p_138.html

i was thinking about getting them, but they cost over twice as much as HIRs. More lumens than stock, less than HIRs
LEDs are brighter than halogens, but create a beam pattern far worse than HIDs, while costing four times as much.

Stock low:
You must be registered for see images attach

LED low:
You must be registered for see images attach

The lack of a clean cut off line means that if they're adjusted far enough down to keep light out of other drivers' eyes, your distance vision will be WORSE than factory, and the extreme light in the foreground will cause your eyes to adjust, further hindering that distance vision as well as your night vision in general.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lights are in, as in, in a box on top of my toolbox. :D

They're not in the truck yet because I never drive it. Nor do I ever drive the other one. I drive my car once a week...jeezus insurance is making a fortune off me vs. the low amount of risk due to never driving anything but the company truck.

I realized that for me to do this comparison it would have to be at night, and I'm working every night except one, and on that one I get hammered. :D

Richard

Oh come on, you cant put off getting hammered for like an hour in the name of science???? :nono:

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Damn it Richard why couldn't you have told me that yesterday, I ordered led bulbs last night to try cause I hadn't seen any reviews on them