Looking for engine help ideas...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cngodfather

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks! Not much fun putting it in with 95 degrees high humidity on asphalt. It is not the easiest thing to do on a lifted 4x4 92’. Worst part was my upgraded polyurethane moter mounts. Had to grind the mounts Witha dremel tool.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A line from a book I read as a teenager:

Every carb ever built functions on the principle of "Suck and Hope".

That said...I'm a big fan of Q-Jets, particularly the "Mod-Quad" '76--84 or thereabouts; the truck carbs up to about '84 weren't computer controlled with the mixture control solenoid. But I'm not likely to remove fuel injection of any sort to put a Q-Jet on instead.

cngodfather

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have assembled a megasquirt fuel injection computer and a wideband O2 sensor to get ready to go back to fuel injection. The engine is heavily modified and the stock tbi was not enough to handle the fuel delivery accurately and it also did not have the capacity to flow enough air or fuel. The carb was installed for the break-in so that it would not be damaged right away. I am still weighing my options on what type / style throttle body that I want to use. Since I am creating my own fuel injection system, I felt more comfortable with a simple carburetor that has been proven to be successful for many years. Now that I know that the engine has no known issues mechanically, I can continue with my plan.