Looking for engine help ideas...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tim W

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have thought about maybe a holley sniper? I ran into my TB not being enough for my 383 also. I almost went carb but i had a carb on my 79 gmc and i never could get it right. So i put a sniper on and its been great

Madscientist

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think they both have their place. I run a quick fuel technology 950cfm blow through carb in my twin turbo 496. Makes 1265hp on e85 on 12lb . Non intercooled, the carb with the e85 helps cool the intake temps and it drives around on the street like a kitten, (till you piss it off lol) the cost is the big advantage. $1000 vs $5k for the fuel injection kit i would need for it.

Jerryred94silvy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
. At least I can spell ******.
I was just thinking that. Maybe he means like actually “in bread” which makes no sense to be honest. But then again, neither does his unreasonably strong hatred towards carburetors.

I’ve run a carburetor on my truck for well over 6,000 miles (since I’ve had the new motor in) without so much as a hint of a problem from the carb. Is fuel injection far superior? Absolutely. But that’s no reason to trash someone for running a carb on their vehicle.

sorry for the rant lol.

cngodfather

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was just thinking that. Maybe he means like actually “in bread” which makes no sense to be honest. But then again, neither does his unreasonably strong hatred towards carburetors.

I’ve run a carburetor on my truck for well over 6,000 miles (since I’ve had the new motor in) without so much as a hint of a problem from the carb. Is fuel injection far superior? Absolutely. But that’s no reason to trash someone for running a carb on their vehicle.

sorry for the rant lol.
Yeah my thoughts exactly.
I am not sure where he got angry, but at least it doesn't bother me in the slightest bit. i just assume his dog bit him or he just found out he got a STD.
I already have the megasquirt kit and the wires are ran for it. The problem is how I am going to do the throttle body. The best option so far seems to be a bored out tbi unit on ebay that flows 650 cfm.