Long overdue join

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hobie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did I just buy another 400? Well I'll let you guys answer that one. Needs a powertrain though, but the body is super clean. So for the moment, I'm stuck between doing an engine/trans swap, or keep it stock. Or go for an upgraded L31?

Let me know what you think?

You must be registered for see images attach

Hobie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, went and picked up the grandpa blue truck. I really need some name ideas for it. And speaking of, I think I've decided to call the daily, Patches. But either way, ole Patches towed perfectly, and I guess I done a nice job on the trans rebuild, as even towing the blue truck home in OD, at 70mph trans temp stayed sub 190° (daily driving will see 170°-180°.) I just let the truck do what it wanted, and took it easy, and didnt let the truck constantly shift, and kick in and out of TC lockup. You know, like a sensible person should do when towing anything? But me, and sensible dont belong in the same sentence lol.

But either way, I need to figure out a few things with work before I pull it to the shop to start the teardown, but it will come. Just dont know for sure on when.

And yes, I did swap back over to my old set of wheels/tires, due to being unsure about how much the rear was going to squat with the worn out leaf springs. I still need to install the 5 pack leafs already if I'm being honest.

-Justin

Hobie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally got tired of not finding some clear corner markers, so I decided to go ahead and install the quad's and Anzo turn signal housings.

I absolutely love the look, LMC included 50w low beam, and 65w high beam bulbs, but I wanted a little more umph, so I installed Phillip's Vision 55w 9006XS for the low beams, and Hella Optilux 100w 9005XS for the high beams. Due to the design of the quad housings, a traditional 9005/9006 bulb will not work for these LMC headlights, without modifications to the buckets, and the housing.

If anyone else is looking to add in quads to their 94+ grille, trimming the grille is needed to clear the headlight base, as shown, this is about the bare minimum that is needed, and you can also see the modifications needed to add the 4 corner light mod.

Other than that, I cant wait to see how they perform tonight when the sun goes down.

-Justin

Last edited:

Hobie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think I am genuinely obsessed with these new lights! But if I'm being honest, they look WAY too good for the condition of the truck! And on the other hand, the chrome on the bumper/grille still shines up really nicely !

-Justin

Last edited:

Hobie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks great! Might need to get some tow mirrors for my 97.

Saw Amazon had these clear side markers: https://www.amazon.com/94-98-Chevy-...-----------1&vehicleName=1998+Chevrolet+K1500

https://www.amazon.com/VXMOTOR-Chro...-----------1&vehicleName=1998+Chevrolet+K1500

Not sure if they are good quality or not lol.

I havent seen that first link yet, and may just order them to see how they are. But the second link, I've seen marker lights in that style, and absolutely hate how they have a solid gray border around them. I think they absolutely kill the look. I have seen sets like this floating around on ebay, but I'm not a huge fan of the orange reflector in the uppers.

Now on the tow mirrors, yes. Yes you do need some! Lol

My one bit of advice, is if you want them, might as well go ahead and get a nice set. And if your truck is equipped with power mirrors, put power tow mirrors on the truck, and if you really want to complete it all, get a set of BAP paint to match 15+ style mirrors. I should've done that in the first place instead of spending 1/4 of the price for a set of non lighted, manual mirrors that the upper lenses shake like no other. But again, that's my $.02, take what you want from it!

-Justin

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I havent seen that first link yet, and may just order them to see how they are. But the second link, I've seen marker lights in that style, and absolutely hate how they have a solid gray border around them. I think they absolutely kill the look. I have seen sets like this floating around on ebay, but I'm not a huge fan of the orange reflector in the uppers.

Now on the tow mirrors, yes. Yes you do need some! Lol

My one bit of advice, is if you want them, might as well go ahead and get a nice set. And if your truck is equipped with power mirrors, put power tow mirrors on the truck, and if you really want to complete it all, get a set of BAP paint to match 15+ style mirrors. I should've done that in the first place instead of spending 1/4 of the price for a set of non lighted, manual mirrors that the upper lenses shake like no other. But again, that's my $.02, take what you want from it!

-Justin
Yeah I'm not a fan of the single amber reflector either.

Just ordered this morning a pair of K2xx tow mirrors with chrome caps for my 97. Hopefully coming next week. :Big Laugh:

Hobie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What do we have here??? Found a fella on Marketplace today parting out a 2009 GMC, and by golly I just had to ask for the electric fans and the console. And I think I got them for quite a steal