Long overdue join

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96z71sas

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a great write up I didn't know I could swap them I cut the restrictor plate off already but I think the bore is bigger as well I'm gonna pick one up thanks

Hobie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is a great write up I didn't know I could swap them I cut the restrictor plate off already but I think the bore is bigger as well I'm gonna pick one up thanks
Not a problem, they do swap between eachother, but like I mentioned in the write up, the linkage HAS to be swapped to the 350 linkage. It's also advised to use the throttle spring from the 350 as well. Hope it works out for you!

Hobie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Color matched the grille on Thursday, let the paint set and cure all day Friday, and installed today. I like it, and the chrome grille with the black inlays will replace the all chrome grill on Grandpa Blue.
Before
You must be registered for see images attach

After

And of course, while I was dropping off parts for Grandpa Blue, I had to snag a picture of the 'crew'

They all need baths, but until then, they can stay dusty

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
What a difference! Looks good, now you need color matched bumpers. :lol:

Hobie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well this thread will officially come to a close from me, about a month ago now I had to go ahead and let the truck go, it was starting to get too expensive to keep, especially for how much I had to drive every day, it was getting to be too much for a full sized 4x4. I cant say I'm happy with how the truck is changing with the new owner, but when all is said and done, it's his truck now, not mine.

But I'm still in the 400 club with the blue truck, I still have a long way to go, but things are getting done one step at a time. The new daily driver is a 2010 Ford Focus, and I absolutely hate it lol. Between feeling like I'm driving a go-cart with doors, and half the cylinders I'm used to, I think I can deal with it for the fuel mileage lol.

Once I get more parts gathered, and start assembling things, I'll start up a new thread for the blue truck so we can go through this once again!

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Sad to see it go. Can't wait to see what you do with the blue truck! :)

Hobie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sad to see it go. Can't wait to see what you do with the blue truck! :)
Oh, me too. I hated to sell it, but it's nice to be out of some debt, and save some money in the process. Well, I say save some money, but I'm going to be spending a few grand on the engine, and another grand or so on the trans! I've got a list sitting at work on everything I need, and everything I need to fix before I start driving it. Itll be a slow build, but I'd rather take my time and do it right the first time