Locating brake fluid leakage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

my name is alex

suckin' gas
Reaction score
Thanks again for your help east302. Just called the dealer, and they want $316 for it - WTF?

Those directions make it look pretty straight forward. I've replaced pads and calipers before, but nothing on the engine side of the brake system.

I see the directions are calling this piece a combination valve, but neither of my mechanics knew what I was talking about when I told them that was the leaking part...

I'm just going to go ahead and order it now. I may throw some more questions your way if I run into any issues getting this thing on.

my name is alex

suckin' gas
Reaction score
Decided to just have the shop install the proportioning valve I bought, since I would need them to bleed it anyway and $140 seemed a good enough price to not have to deal with it myself.

No more leaking, and I think that may have been my last engine leak (for now). Now I've just got to clean the mess that appears to have accumulated over years. It all eventually drained down into the bash guard under the front differential. I'm cleaning it up now, but it's pretty tar-like.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That sounds like a good price, glad to hear that it worked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk