LMC part quality

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steven Petersen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought the plastic black cover for the rear bumper on my '93 from LMC. It was, far and away, the worst made piece of crap I have ever seen. Just total junk. Not saying all their stuff is like that, but that was my experience.
I bought the air dam for under the front bumper, seat covers, carpet, window seals and a few other things. Most of it turned out to be garbage, nowhere close to OEM.

Bluesman

Reaction score
I’m getting close to complete on the interior and power train on my 88. Getting ready to start on the exterior. My plan is to get a quality paint job probably by this summer. I need almost every other exterior piece as well (bumpers, mirrors, grill, side moldings, wheel well moldings etc.). I’m going for a factory original restoration. I realize I won’t be able to find OEM on every single part. What is the best option for body parts? LMC?

I purchased the chrome trim that goes on the front bumper rubber strip for my wife's '97 Silverado from LMC & the attaching screws weren't like the original & unusable. I called, but the return shipping charge was much too high - so they gave me a $25 gift card. Will NOT do business w/ them again.

Steven Petersen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I purchased the chrome trim that goes on the front bumper rubber strip for my wife's '97 Silverado from LMC & the attaching screws weren't like the original & unusable. I called, but the return shipping charge was much too high - so they gave me a $25 gift card. Will NOT do business w/ them again.
I would have disputed the charges with my bank. Some of their stuff is good, like the air dam. But other stuff like the seat fabric they advertise as OEM is a joke.

You must be registered for see images attach

Steven Petersen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just my experience, but aftermarket fenders are the worst to put on. I would use LKQ or somewhere local to grab as many used parts as you can for body repairs.

The only body piece I might need is a bed and tailgate. If I can have mine repaired I’ll probably go that route. What I need are both bumpers, both mirrors, grill, new side moldings after the paint job, wheel well chrome trim.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The only body piece I might need is a bed and tailgate. If I can have mine repaired I’ll probably go that route. What I need are both bumpers, both mirrors, grill, new side moldings after the paint job, wheel well chrome trim.

One day that's my plan lol. Ordering pre cut molding for the suburban. Front bumper from lmc. And I dont see why the chrome trim on the fenders should be bad. There aluminium for crying out loud lol. I was gonna order the window trim but now I'm worried lol. Grill are hard to find if chevy. If I had to either good used one or rockauto. If gmc fair game imo

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its a far stretch but if it was my truck. I call some body shops and ask were they get there parts. I'm not sure if its keystone or some type of "certified" parts.

What I do know is the body shop by me had there own source and cautioned me about some online retails like rock auto. I said hell with it and went to the junk yard and got some parts. Exterior you should be able to get from a junk yard. You could even ask for a front clip. I've heard people do that for several hundreds. Your gonna strip, prime and paint anyways. As for grill I do not know. Lot of garbage out there.

Rock Auto is an absolute NO. I use Keystone alot, they just left here an hour ago. With the parts they sell you not only have daily delivery, you can check the parts when they bring them (their own drivers) and return immediately at no charge if they are damaged. I also have no problems with later returns. They won't deliver to your house, but if you have an automotive business contact they will deliver there and they can inspect them. It is aftermarket parts, some are better than others. They might have a consumer site you can look up parts, I use a business site with a log in.

WILWAXU

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used a lot of stuff from LMC during the rebuild of my truck. They do a great job of being a one stop shop. As far as quality, it's really depends on the part. I recommend getting GM/AC Delco replacements where you can. As for the body parts, like other have said, try local junkyard / LKQ, etc. Repop would be last resort.

Ben Burrage

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

Got my bed at a salvage yard, because original had unrepairable side. Tailgate came from LKQ. All other parts I picked up from LMC(rubber seal, trim, specialty hardware), Rock Auto and Amazon.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Got my bed at a salvage yard, because original had unrepairable side. Tailgate came from LKQ. All other parts I picked up from LMC(rubber seal, trim, specialty hardware), Rock Auto and Amazon.
The wheel well trim is aluminum, that's why you look at it cross eyed and it gets a dent. If you really want to have good ones, get 2 sets. If you have spares, you might not get door dings.....That's where a lot of the dents come from.
Another thing that doesn't help them not get dents is the design. Back when the square body trucks had the early style with a formed channel that had a painted stripe in it, the shape of the aluminum gave it more strength. When they changed the design, to a smoother style with no stripes and channel, they got beat up a lot easier. My family had several square trucks for company trucks and personal use too. I got to wash them, so I noticed this stuff....
The smooth style is easier and cheaper to make, so I'm sure that's why GM went to that. Looks great...when brand new LOL.