LM7 and 4l60E have arrived . Build thread will follow.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90gmcsierraL59

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Installed new topper door seal today. I ordered the wrong one1st time around, the glue on type snd then looked closely at the door and ordered the correct seal that slides in the track made for it in the door.

It took about 30 minutes to get the factory crimped down end that keeps the seal from migrating out opened up enough to allow the new seal to slide in.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing I will point out to you is that seal will not only wear through the paint in short time but will also wear through the metal beneath it. As you are driving the movement between the deck and the canopy will generate a sideways motion at the seal. I made an aluminium trim that sat over the top edge of the tailgate and fixed to the inside edge but sat slightly proud of the paint on the outside and made it short enough that you can barely see it below the seal, and that now has grooves worn into it from the rubber seal.

90gmcsierraL59

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got an estimate for the paint job on the truck and topper from a local independent body shop. He said 5K. He is quite busy so it may not happen until after my trip to Deals Gap 05-12 May. He is supposed to email me the written estimate by this weekend. The rest of the shops in town do collision repair and turned me away.

Keeper

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got an estimate for the paint job on the truck and topper from a local independent body shop. He said 5K. He is quite busy so it may not happen until after my trip to Deals Gap 05-12 May. He is supposed to email me the written estimate by this weekend. The rest of the shops in town do collision repair and turned me away.
Mind sharing the shop name?

90gmcsierraL59

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I found the part numbers on the support struts today. C16-20622. Good old Amazon Prime. $21 for the pair shipped. Be here Monday.

I like it! If you know what it means, it'll mean something to you, and someone who does know, will go, "hey that's clever!" But the rest of the non truck nerds out there.... forget

New support struts installed.