LM7 and 4l60E have arrived . Build thread will follow.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90gmcsierraL59

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I can't believe it has been 7500 miles on the 5.3 L59 4L60E conversion but it has. Today I changed the oil and filter and did a lube job and a thorough inspection underneath the truck. It is clean and dry and has not used or leaked a drop of anything. I sent these pictures to Adam and called him and thanked him again. The oil that came out was a little dark but not gassy at all and probably could have gone further but I will be continuing with the Amsoil 5W30 Signature Series and K& N HP 1007 filter at 7500 mile intervals.

Dirty Jim

Reaction score
I have some questions:
What radiator hoses did you use?
Fuel pump?
Fuel lines?
Did you cut/reweld the DBW pedal?

I have an 89 TBI truck that I am working on.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have some questions:
What radiator hoses did you use?
Fuel pump?
Fuel lines?
Did you cut/reweld the DBW pedal?

I have an 89 TBI truck that I am working on.

My buddy uses the 6.5L diesel pedal all the time in his 6.0L square body swaps.

On my G20 vans, stock TBI fuel lines and a TBI style replacement tank (Dormans have improved baffling) with an EP381 fuel pump.

90gmcsierraL59

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Today before work my good friend Frank B came over and we finished up the rear brake job (a different thread here) and we set the topper on the bed rails after we got done. Dixie Glass called yesterday and said the rear door new glass install is done. I will drive it over for them to reinstall the door either tomorrow or Monday. The fit looks to be very good. I will not be installing the sealing tape until after the truck is painted. But I do plan to clamp it down as is for now.

90gmcsierraL59

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry Dirty Jim, just saw your questions.
Stock radiator hoses for an 04 Suburban which is what the L59 4L60E were pulled from. We also utilized one of the heater hose returns already present in the 90 GMC stock radiator for the steam port hose as the L59 is plumbed differently so no adapter was required.
Steel braided fuel lines with AN fittings. I don't know what brand.
Yes my friend Adam modded the DBW gas pedal. We used a stock AC Delco pump from a later truck, not sure what year.

90gmcsierraL59

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Time was limited today. But I did manage to get the wheels back on and started securing the topper for the initial installation.

I used some nuts to space the clamps out due to the indentation. I also put a shim made of dexion under the clamps to account for the lack of sealing tape. 4 down 4 to go though truth be told I think 4 would hold it. 8 will hold it for sure.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Time was limited today. But I did manage to get the wheels back on and started securing the topper for the initial installation.

I used some nuts to space the clamps out due to the indentation. I also put a shim made of dexion under the clamps to account for the lack of sealing tape. 4 down 4 to go though truth be told I think 4 would hold it. 8 will hold it for sure.
Right or wrong, I remember the canopy dad had on his 8ft box Furd back in the day only had 4 clamps. But hey....8 will definitely hold it securely.

90gmcsierraL59

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Yeah a bit of overkill no doubt. I went to Rural King today and raided the hardware department and redid a couple things. I got some 5/16 by 1.25 inch fender washers to replace the nut spacers for the indentations. I used 5 for each M8 attach bolt. I took the longer bolts out of the 1st set of GCI clamps amd used them so they would stick out the top so I can put some nylock nuts on after paint and sealing tape when all is said and done. They will be cut off once the final length is figured out.

I am well pleased with it so far. I will have the back window with new tempered glass installed Monday. I like the way it looks. Can't wait to get it all painted.