Lip spoiler cut from old bumper opinions please.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89obsSB

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I can scrape the hell outta parking blocks now. Cut from a spare bumper. Good, sucks, bigger?
I like the looks of it. Will definitely cut some rodents in half if you can’t swerve them lol. Not my style but very good thinking.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
It wouldn't be my thing, but I don't think it looks terrible. I'd be more inclined to run the OEM part. It would be interesting to know if it helped your mileage at all. When I ran the stock part, I gained a bit of mileage, based on repeated calculations from my 100 mile round trip commute.

96TahoeDoug

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am tracking mileage. I had a brand new oem part and after lipping over 30 or so blocks I hung up on some which the rebar was an inch popping out the top. Needed a bit shorter. I do like the air dam the best. And that factory dam needs a fiberglass diffuser underside of it. Thanks.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As you can see in the mid 60's onward the forward down slope classic spoiler was what i call the "first generation " of aerodynamic engineered additions. And they do work. Allthough to be effective and measurable they must operated at those higher airspeeds. Later wind tunnel testing has shown that the flat or more vertical mounted front air dam directs pressure wave up through radiator. And to left, right around fenders. This change in shown in later trucks, tahoes as the flat extension below our bumpers. But, but...as a kid in high school in 74 the Camaro's, Challengers, 'Cuda's, Shelby GT 500. So freaking cool.