Linex Bedliner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score
I finally did something to the truck I have been wanting to do for a long time. I took it in and had Linex sprayed on the bed. I have been using the same plastic bedliner for 23 yrs. on the '96 and it worked great but....time for a change. I am happy with how the Linex turned out and makes this old C1500 look pretty good after 23yrs. Seems like it is very durable stuff.

I also experimented with a 1 liter bottle of U-POL I had on the aluminum tie down rails and on this aluminum C-channel I use at the front of the bed to mount my antenna's, coax cable connects, and such with the HF radio I have in the cab. I sanded and primed the aluminum with acid etch and the U-POL actually stuck pretty good (time will tell).

I was surprised after cleaning up the bed when removing the liner how well the bed has held up all the years. I had one wheel well dent I was able to remove and some priming to do on bare metal at several spots.

Before
You must be registered for see images attach

After

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had mine Line-xed about 1 1/2 years ago. Love it. Line-x is the best IMO

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have used a few of the bedliner products. I am currently using the UPOL I used the 3MPPS pressure cup with 2.0 tip for awhile, but have gone back to using a Shutz gun. I add the UPOL grit to the last coat, it gives it some traction and I think it looks a lot better.
I plan to do my 89 stepside next but I have some paint work to do first.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I was surprised after cleaning up the bed when removing the liner how well the bed has held up all the years. I had one wheel well dent I was able to remove and some priming to do on bare metal at several spots.

I've got rust where my inner fenders meet the floor now. Otherwise it just looks like scratched from dirt getting in there... oh, and the front is separated from the floor from a sudden stop with a US Government approved mail box pad not having brakes. I've got the factory liner.

delta_p

Reaction score
I have used a few of the bedliner products. I am currently using the UPOL I used the 3MPPS pressure cup with 2.0 tip for awhile, but have gone back to using a Shutz gun. I add the UPOL grit to the last coat, it gives it some traction and I think it looks a lot better.
I plan to do my 89 stepside next but I have some paint work to do first.

I just used their UPOL basic gun which came with the bottle of the stuff i bought. It's pretty good stuff, nice and hard when it dries. I watched a video of where a guy had his whole Duramax sprayed with UPOL and the shop had used thinner with the product and it laid down with professional gun very smooth without splotches etc. Looked really good.

mattillac

Lurker
Reaction score
That does look really good, and nice clean slate you had there after all those years.

Wish I had mine done over the bed rails, I opted for the under the rail application/option back in 1999 when the truck was new. Not sure they even had colormatch and clear coats for it back then.

Mine has stood up to the test of time, other than it has a satin look to it now, faded I guess.

2013-11-19_16-22-41_146_zps08b51fea-jpg.192511

A wise investment IMO. Those are some fine looking tie down rails as well !

delta_p

Reaction score