Lifted 97 Tahoe,need a little more front lift.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricky8680

Reaction score
Howdy y'all. Having some hard time understanding/ comprehending my options here. Other day I did shackle flip on my 97 hoe',my shackles turned out to lift it a little more than I realized and I figured cranking my t-bars another 1.5 inches would even my stance out and made me happy but it didn't,it's got a little too much rake for my liking (as in,front lower than the back.). Now,my question is what can I do to raise my front end another 1.5 or so inches. The tbars aren't maxed bc I don't want to completely kill my suspension,I could probably gain another half inch or so but I don't want to bottom everything out. My only suspension "mod" is I have the 2500 forged lower arms,upper ball joint is still "above" the arm,I do plan to flip it when I get free time. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Other than a lift, not a whole lot can do. Gonna have an IFS lift off my Yukon maybe soon lol

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have to put an engine in it, have most of the parts to SAS it. So I might just say F it and do it.

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Other than a real lift kit....lower the rear shackles a bit. If you already cranked the IFS bars up you’re pretty much done on raising the front. And it’s gonna ride really rough.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Flipping the upper balljoint will award you a higher upper A-arm height, allowing a little more torsion bar cranking height, and extra camber adjustment, but it puts the tie rods (bump steer) and CV angles at an extreme. Also, it wont fit the OE wheels. You'll need a larger diameter, or a more negative offset (sticks out more).

Flip the shackles back where they were...

You still want a little extra height in the rear? Replace the Tahoe rear hangers with Pickup truck rear hangers. They gave my '00 Denali 2", not the 4.5" with the flip.