Lift Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nitrofreak

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
6" should be plenty for 35" without a BL lift. I have a 6" rough country, ended up making 35's look tiny. I could probably run 37's with very minimal trimming. but I also have alot less front bumper then stock trucks, which is what ends up trimmed the most to fit big tires

PCnerd73

Reaction score
I was hoping to run at least 38's, but I also don't want to cause stress to other areas of the truck.

PCnerd73

Reaction score
So will 38's cause more stress than 35's? Does it help to re-gear the differentials? I would think with low enough gearing, the stress would be minimal...

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
yea you will need gears. it wont reduce the stress im talking about though. I was thinking more along ball joints and tie rods idler and pitman arms type of stress.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
SAS it and you can go as big as you want without a problem.
Not nesicarrily true haha
So will 38's cause more stress than 35's? Does it help to re-gear the differentials? I would think with low enough gearing, the stress would be minimal...
That'll reduce stress on the Trans but everything else will be the same

WoodChuck

Reaction score
I would recommend a suspension lift only or body lift only after a suspension lift if the tires you want are a little bigger then your lift can fit or the rub on wheel wells. But I would say if you know what you want lift it enough to clear the tires with a suspension lift only.
Reasons:
1- A body lift raises the center of gravity on your truck without adding stiffer suspension to counter act the higher center.
2- A body lift can really where out stock suspension bushings and parts quick. Why? Think of the spacers between frame and body as levers that give the cab and/or bed more force on the components your normally close mounted body is on stilts that like any lever give it more torque/force on the frame it sits on.
3- They look silly you will have a gap in your wheel wells where you can see into the engine bay as well as in the rear below bed. They do sell rubber pieces that cover the gap but anyone who sees it and knows lifts will take note.
4- It cheaply does somethings that is meant and should be done another way (a suspension lift)
There are other reasons but that's a few right there.
And ChrisAU is right replace other steering wear parts when you install whatever kit you decide on.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Well if you wanted something lifted but not huge you could do 3" BL and block and crank with 35's and probably have more ground clearance than my truck on the front end. I think body lifts are fine, just be prepared to add and electric fan at some point in the summer unless you have a good clutch fan.

PCnerd73

Reaction score
Do they make a suspension lift greater than 6"? I haven't been able to find one...