Let the fun begin.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Laredo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
*Edit* Thought I had a better close up of the heat shield, but I do not. Sorry. You are correct that the O2 sensor connector is attached to the heat shield.

Attachments

• IMG20240204164359.jpg
    IMG20240204164359.jpg
    327.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG20230930130109.jpg
    IMG20230930130109.jpg
    420.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
*Edit* Thought I had a better close up of the heat shield, but I do not. Sorry. You are correct that the O2 sensor connector is attached to the heat shield.
Wow, thanks. Those pics are actually a big help. I can see the orientation of the connector now. How in the word are you supposed to reach those if the heads are on? I was sitting in there to get the one for the vent line. It sure wouldn't matter on the assembly line, but dang the mechanic.

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally got a chance to work on Virginia again today. Of course the blasted heat shield has 2 nuts holding it on. Got the bottom one off. And suprise,surprise I was able to got the torque converter bolts out. 2 motor mount bolts and the rest of the pesky heat shield bolts and the motors loose. Heads are in the shop, so almost ready to put the new motor together. This is the last time I'm doing this crap in the yard. I'm to f......... old for this.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to know some guys who had a trench dug in their yard just to do transmission swaps.
The road that went through my grandaddy's farm was cut into the bottom of a hillside. He laid two huge wooden beams that stuck out from the side of the road and were supported by two pilings. Whenever he needed to do an oil change,tranny repair or exhaust work he would drive the vehicle out on those beams and get under there and go to work. I wonder if my uncle still uses that thing.

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pesky bolts are out, 2 motor mount bolts left. Have to get my derrick put back together. Timing cover, t stat and water pump should be here Friday. Waiting on heads. Finally. This would have been a few day job with a dang garage.