Legit cowl hood?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
https://www.jegs.com/i/Key-Parts/576/0852-038/10002/-1

Price had gone up!!!! shocker.....course this was 4-5 years ago when I bought it, $281 and $100 to ship, comes via truck freight. Had to send one back, guess it was dented pretty bad. They fit pretty good, I'm no body man, but with lil tweakin' the gaps are good all the way around. Uses stock hinges, latch and safety thingy....

Thank you for the link ive been looking for one for a while but only found a couple and some didn’t even have the indention lines in the hood like the stock hood which i want because i think it makes it look better. The hood on my truck now the gaps are horrible and i cant fix it for anything it’s stock as far as i know

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Exactly I love visors, cab lights and cowl hoods but i cant choose between lights or a visor i may just get the visor with the cab lights too lol. Do you remember where you git that hood from?
I'd get a lighted visor. The visor with cab lights don't look as good imo.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll get pics of the lines. i'm not a body man and I think they lined up pretty good. It's not no 80lbs either, I had bad shoulders and taken it on n off numerous times in at least 3-4 different vehicles. The visors for trucks with cab lights don't look as good as the visors with the lights. Wish I would have kept it, oh well.

Rick Reid

Reaction score
View media item 32149a cowl hood will only bring in the cooler air off the windshield, a fiberglass won't be a true functional cowl, most aftermarket steel cowl hoods will need the flap, and over things to make it functional. I have a "cowl" hood and the scoops off a 77 Trans Am help exit the hot high

Last edited:

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
https://www.jegs.com/i/Key-Parts/576/0852-038/10002/-1

Price had gone up!!!! shocker.....course this was 4-5 years ago when I bought it, $281 and $100 to ship, comes via truck freight. Had to send one back, guess it was dented pretty bad. They fit pretty good, I'm no body man, but with lil tweakin' the gaps are good all the way around. Uses stock hinges, latch and safety thingy....
Dang i wish it was still that much but still nice and i think itd be worth it

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
That’s what ive been thinking and you can’t even hardly see the cab lights
My dad's dually has the visor with cab lights and since his lifted, you can't see them at all, pretty much only a person driving a semi can see them. You could barely see them to begin with when his was a stock height 2wd, lol.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My dad's dually has the visor with cab lights and since his lifted, you can't see them at all, pretty much only a person driving a semi can see them. You could barely see them to begin with when his was a stock height 2wd, lol.
You got any pictures of his truck? Sounds pretty nice! You know there is a truck down the road from me in a field with a visor and i just about bet its a lund visor but not sure I’ve thought about swiping it but i don’t wanna steal I don’t need the bad karma

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
There's a gmt400 that's been sitting beside a building near my house for years. It had a lighted visor, and a racer back cab fairing, that I noticed was gone a few weeks ago. Not sure if somebody stole them or what, but they looked pretty good. No idea who owns the truck, the build it's near has had several different businesses in it.