442 style hood I made

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Probably won't make any for sale as of now but possibly in the future
If you decide to do it. You'll have customers. Just remember 50% off gmt400 members lol. I have 1 suggestion though. Spread out the scoops to cover the creases from the factory hood.
Here's a pic of what I'm talking about.

Attachments

• 9a1c5100b8ca4648bf108159694f434d.jpg
    9a1c5100b8ca4648bf108159694f434d.jpg
    410.9 KB · Views: 19

KansasOBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
PLEXUS MA8120

I didn't want to butt in and answer something asked of you, but figured you used the right two part epoxy. The only good way to do it.

Funny story, I and a friend were headed over to the shop one evening, and the 'morning crew' of older guys had got in a hurry, and started to put the hood scoop on a '59 race truck, when we had our own plans of how to install it.

They had cut a hole, and riveted it from the top, then proceeded to feather it out with a bunch of resin and bondo. We arrived, and got to picking at it. Was cracking off already, so we proceeded to break it all back loose, and drill out the rivets. They had took a break or whatever, proud of their accomplishments, and then came back to the scoop they had just spent all morning putting on, now ripped off and laying on the floor. They were madder than hell, pissed off looks on their faces, just turned around and left without saying a word.

We sized the hole correctly, brought the scoop up from the bottom, and then used the correct two part epoxy. They eventually admitted it was a lot better than their boogered up mess, and its held without cracks for a whole lot of years. They were super pissed at the time though, lol.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't want to butt in and answer something asked of you, but figured you used the right two part epoxy. The only good way to do it.

Funny story, I and a friend were headed over to the shop one evening, and the 'morning crew' of older guys had got in a hurry, and started to put the hood scoop on a '59 race truck, when we had our own plans of how to install it.

They had cut a hole, and riveted it from the top, then proceeded to feather it out with a bunch of resin and bondo. We arrived, and got to picking at it. Was cracking off already, so we proceeded to break it all back loose, and drill out the rivets. They had took a break or whatever, proud of their accomplishments, and then came back to the scoop they had just spent all morning putting on, now ripped off and laying on the floor. They were madder than hell, pissed off looks on their faces, just turned around and left without saying a word.

We sized the hole correctly, brought the scoop up from the bottom, and then used the correct two part epoxy. They eventually admitted it was a lot better than their boogered up mess, and its held without cracks for a whole lot of years. They were super pissed at the time though, lol.
I have always found that the key to doing a great job is in the first 5 minutes, and those are spent just looking and thinking. When you have run through all of the possible methods in your head you pick the best one and go for it.