LED tail lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Joe

Reaction score
Sorry Idk why that pic did that. But seriously. Suggestions please

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but I've had two sets of LED tails go south. Both outa warranty! Both had LEDs burn out.

You must be registered for see images attach

But then, I've also gone through at least 3 sets of the factory circuit boards. POS's! Last time it was BOTH boards!
The only alternatives I can see, are the ones that have individual light sockets with LED bulbs & the built-in resistors. Just haven't seen any that catch my eye.
Or, I have a set of stockers that I've modded to eliminate the boards. ( + a couple of other things done to 'em) They've been on the shelf in a box for a looonnnggg time and just need a few hours more work to be finished. On the winter project list. I've been threatening pix since I first mentioned them, way-back-when. But, sorry, not till they're done!

Last edited:

Green15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went through about 3 boards on the OE tails. Definatly love the look of the LEDs. Fingers crossed, these last.
You must be registered for see images

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Mines been good since i got them in february, and the set I had on the 96 were good for the year and a half I had them, my leds are fixing to come off though...

chevyman98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Kind of old thread how's everyone's ebay led tail lights holding up

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but I've had two sets of LED tails go south. Both outa warranty! Both had LEDs burn out.

But then, I've also gone through at least 3 sets of the factory circuit boards. POS's! Last time it was BOTH boards!
The only alternatives I can see, are the ones that have individual light sockets with LED bulbs & the built-in resistors. Just haven't seen any that catch my eye.
Or, I have a set of stockers that I've modded to eliminate the boards. ( + a couple of other things done to 'em) They've been on the shelf in a box for a looonnnggg time and just need a few hours more work to be finished. On the winter project list. I've been threatening pix since I first mentioned them, way-back-when. But, sorry, not till they're done!
I wouldn't be surprised if mine do. They were real cheap. I'll just buy another set. They've lasted three years and I've had no problems so far. Reverses are HyPer units so I know those will be just dandy for years to come. I got a third brake light last fall. In March I bought a recon mini tailgate bar. I'm pretty much set on lighting for awhile. Pics are in my build thread link. I just dumped most of the pics on my phone. Storage space was running a bit thin.
I went through about 3 boards on the OE tails. Definatly love the look of the LEDs. Fingers crossed, these last.
They should. Look like the same ones I have.
Kind of old thread how's everyone's ebay led tail lights holding up
Mine are holding up great. As are the fourth owner front lights I have. Only reason the front ones have a couple dead chips is because I installed them in the dark and upside down. It rained the following night and what are supposed to be the top row of LEDs was under water. I promptly corrected my error and expected immediate and complete failure of the lights but I think out of the 60+ chips there's only three that don't work and they aren't directly visible.

The last time I posted in this thread was over two years ago haha

sent from a likely flagged smartphone.